☡ chapter thirty-one ☡

A/n: 
where did you go ZIALLISLIFEE

word count: 1,009
_______________________________

Divided.

Niall walked into the doorway that divided the hall and his room.  "I don't think I've seen your house before," Kane said softly and Niall shut his door. "Ho... Wh..." Niall couldn't even make a sentence.

            "I got Liam to give me your address because he thinks I'm giving you your stuff back. But look," Kane looked up at Niall and Niall's heart raced. "I miss you. I'm sorry.. I'm sorry for saying those horrible things.." Kane grabbed at his hair. "I.. It's okay." Niall said shakily.

"I just... I heard. What happened between you and Zayn." Kane sighed out and closed his eyes. Niall's heart dropped at the memory. "Josh knows," Kane added and Niall sighed. "Per-fect." Niall rolled his eyes and Kane frowned. "I'm sorry for everything that's happened to you."

"I just want to be taken away from all of the problems and just forgot the world exists." Niall rubbed his head and Kane looked at Niall with a small smile. "Come with me."

"Whoa," Niall looked around the field with little flowers sprouting. Kane laid a blanket over the grass and the boys sat down. It was like the field in Twilight and Niall was so amazed at the secluded area.

"I used to live here." Kane said as he looked out at the sun when the wind blew. "What?" Niall thought he was talking about being homeless until he saw the rubble over near some trees.

"Oh m..." Niall couldn't even speak. "We all lived. Everyone but my little sister Julia," Kane bit his lip. "How old was she?" Niall asked and Kane smiled. "Four." "Oh." Niall imagined if he lost Theo, he couldn't even breathe.

"It was just... Just so hard, you know? Losing someone else." Kane laid back and looked at the sky. "I know the feeling," Niall sighs as he laid beside him. "Do you like Zayn, Ni?" Kane asks and Niall clenched his eyes at the memory. "I'll take that as a he doesn't like you back." Kane frowned.

"Yeah." Was all Niall breathes out. "I'm sorry if I hurt you-" "I cheated on you. You can't really say you did it." Niall rolled his eyes. "I think I really do love you," Kane admits and Niall's heart froze. He liked Kane a lot. But the word love made him scared. "But it's okay if you don't feel the same." Kane smiled assuringly.

             "I just want this all to be a nightmare. Greg, Mum, everyone..." Niall closed his eyes. "I know, but it does get better..." Kane moved a strand of hair from Niall's face. "Kane..." Niall stood up and shook his head. "Niall, I'm-" "I'm sorry. We can't give us another chance... I'm just... I can't.." Niall walked away leaving Kane's mouth hanging ajar.

When Niall had gotten home, Theo was gone with the boys. He felt his heart officially drop. "FUCK!" Niall screamed from the top of his lungs. He let tears release themselves and he smacked the wall as he went into his room to plug up music. He felt like crying more when the first few notes of the song played.

Everybody needs inspiration
everybody needs a song

        Niall grabbed a piece of paper and a nearby pen and looked at the paper that was blank.

A beautiful melody
when the nights are long

Dear boys,

This isn't your fault...

Cause there is no guarantee
that this life is easy

You all know I struggled with all of this, it's not just Zayn.

And when my world is falling apart
And there's no light to break up the dark
that's when I
I look at you

Tell Theo he'll see me in heaven, okay? Tell him he's still my little buddy and I love him.

When the waves are flooding the shore
And I can't find my way home any more

Liam, I'm not mad at you for what you did. Kane deserves so much better than what I am.

That's when I, I
I look at you

Austin, make sure Lima Bean doesn't get into any drugs or anything. I'm counting on you, Captain America.

When I look at you
I see forgiveness
I see the truth

Harry, thank you for being there for me through all those years. Like a gay mother in a way. Never cut your hair.

You love me for who I am
Like the stars hold the moon

Louis, God knows if I would be the person I am today without you. You're so much like a brother to me. Keep Harry safe.

Right there where they belong
And I know I'm not alone

Kane, I wasn't exactly the best boyfriend, but I can promise that you still mean a lot to me. Thank you for keeping me happy.

Yeah when my world is falling apart
When there's no light
To break up the dark
That's when I, I
I look at you

You all mean way too much. I'm more than thankful to have had you in my life.

When the waves are flooding the shore
And I can't find my way home any more
That's when I, I
I look at you

Zayn... You are a certain kind of monster. You can't just become so fucking important to someone and then leave. and I'm talking about Theo.

You appear just like a dream to me
Just like kaleidoscope colors that cover me
All I need
Every breath that I breathe
Don't you know you're beautiful
Yeah, yeah, yeah

You fucked the life out of me... But you're such a beautiful human being on the inside. I see past the you that you give off.

When the waves are flooding the shore
And I can't find my way home any more
That's when I, I
I look at you

Zayn.... I fell in love with you.

I look at you
Yeah,
Whoa-oh,
You appear just like a dream to me

Boys... My death isn't your fault.