☡ chapter one ☡

a/n: this chapter may be a bit boring at first, but it is necessary that you read it all thoroughly.

word count: 1445
______________________________

fuck.

That was Niall Horan's first thought once he rushed into class late. Currently, Niall was in UNI, and he wasn't too sharp on time today.

       "Hey there Need for Speed. Calm down. Class isn't for another five minutes." Niall's best mate, Louis, chuckled a little. Niall stopped and panted while he laid his back against the wall. "You look like Satan fucked you with a bat." Louis said honestly.

        "I stayed up until four studying for the bloody finals. This is one of the cons with the holiday break thing." Niall ranted as soon as he caught his breath. "Well, look on the bright side, we'll get to go home tomorrow." Louis walked Niall to their first class

        Louis was Niall's long term friend from grade four. They had always been close ever since Louis Tomlinson poured juice on a bully for making Niall cry. Louis had always had Niall's back.

       "Nice of you to join us, Harold." Louis smiled up at the curly headed boy and gave him a kiss on the cheek. Louis met Harry their sophomore year of highschool and they had began dating then. Niall adored Harry.

     "I've been up studying for what seems like my entire life. Harry Styles was not made to study for eight hours." Harry drank his coffee and Niall nodded and in agreement. "You both need to get laid." Louis grunts and Harry looked at him. "I'd like that." Harry smiled warmly and Louis gave him a kiss on the lips this time.

    "Finals don't start until 8:30. We'll be back. Tell Professor Byrum that we'll be at the nurse." Louis smirked and Niall laughed. Niall made his way to the classroom just as the bell rang. Niall was single, but there was plenty of gay/bisexual guys on campus. He was waiting for the right one.

    "Mornin' cutie." Josh smiled over at Niall and Niall laughed. Niall flirted with Josh a lot, but Josh was one of those straight guys who liked to mess around with his mates. "Did you study?" Josh asked as he took the plastic empty seat next to Niall.

     They all sat at tables, like you would in grade school. "Damn right. I need a drink after this." Niall rolled his eyes and Josh smiled and gave a loud chuckle. "I'm feelin' that, man." Josh and Niall pound fists and students began to miter amongst themselves.

"I'm taking roll call and them I'm starting the test." Professor Byrum informed the chattering students as they all cram in last minute studying. "To fond the circumference of a circle it's pie-R-square, right?" Niall asked and Josh sensed the panic rising in his voice.

      "Yes, Niall. And area of a circle is two-pie-R." Josh calmed him a little. "... Niall Horan?" "Present." Niall mumbled out and he continued to read over his mess notes. "Wait, if the PH level is higher than thirteen-" "Niall, calm yourself." Josh calmed the blonde and Niall let's out a loud, frustrated groan.

     "Tomlinson and Styles are missing again, eh?" The teacher looks up and Niall had been so caught up in studying he had forgotten to come to the rescue of the two lads. Niall licked his lips as his eyes scanned furiously over textbooks and notes for various classes.

     "Tomlinson, Styles! To your rooms. You can come take a makeup test since you wish to handle your personal problems here in school." The Professor tells the two and Niall's eyes widen. He looked over at Louis and gave an apologetic look and mouthed out an 'I'm sorry'.