☡ chapter twenty-nine ☡

A/n: I'm sorry for the lack of smut, I've been trying to build up the story line. There is so much more to come with smut. 21 GUNS IN THE YOUTUBE THING BC ITS A GOOD IDEA TO LISTEN TO IT THROUGHOUT THE CHAPTER.

THANK.
YOU.
FOR.
COMMENTING.

word count: 1,419
______________________________

Hilarious.

Zayn watched Theo roll his eyes at Dora and groan. "We get that you're a map!" Theo said frustratedly and Zayn chuckled and threw an M&M in his mouth.

"Shi-- fuck- I'm ba-- damn-" Niall struggled to keep the groceries in hand and Zayn ran to the rescue, taking three bags and helping him to the table. "Niall, calm down with the buying." Zayn said and Niall whined. "I just didn't want to get too less and I-" "Niall-" "And what if you-" "Niall-" "I know Theo likes-" "NIALL." Zayn placed his hand over the boys mouth.

"I'm sorry I was so late," Niall sighed and Zayn rolled his eyes. "You're doing the best you can. You're perfect, okay? Stop stressing." Zayn made sure Niall made complete eye contact. "Thank you, Zayn.." Niall breathes and Zayn let Niall fall into his embrace. "You're always going to make it. Rather it be rough or perfect." Zayn held him tightly and Niall breathed in his scent.

"You have no idea how much of a help you've been Zayn. For the past few months." Niall was so thankful for him at the moment. "Anything for you. After all, you did but me a Green Day shirt for my twenty-fifth birthday," Zayn elbowed him playfully. "Don't forget that I'm taking you out tonight." Zayn reminds him as he began to put the food up.

             "Yeah, I haven't forgotten. Theo is gonna get all of the boys to come over here." Niall coughed out. "Don't get sick." Zayn frowned. "I'm fine. Just a bit of a cold, to be honest." Niall shrugged and Zayn frowned more. "You better be okay."  Zayn searched for some cold medicine. "Sit down," Zayn points at the chair and Niall did as he was told. Zayn measures it out and gave the medicine to the man.

"Go take a nap. I'll wake you up a little before we leave," Zayn smiled down and Niall looked at him like he was gold. "I owe you." Niall walked back to his room and Zayn bit his lip. "You've given me enough."

"I think Carter and Zac are the cutest couple," Niall sipped on his drink as they finished their food at Nandos. "Carter is pretty funny." Zayn said with a smile. He had grown accustomed to Carter after finding out he had a boyfriend, Zac, who was too sweet.

"I think Carter is the master of porn. Like you ask him one questions and he literally had pie charts and definitions and diagrams." Niall joked and Zayn laughed. "You ready to go?" Zayn asked and Niall nodded. After paying for their food, they walked out. "It's not far. We can walk." Zayn intertwined their fingers without even thinking.

"I have a question about you and Josh... Were you serious?" Niall asked and Zayn sighed knowing he was going to have to tell the full story.

"When I was eighteen, my dad pulled me out of Art School and told me he would pay my way back in. But he asked me to sell my body for drugs and I did so because I was... Innocent. And I met Josh. Josh didn't love. He fucked then leave and he didn't like anyone. I suppose he taught me that, but I loved him. I though I did," Zayn scoffed and Niall listened carefully.

"I dated Josh. He promised me art school, money, drugs, it was the life. I got hooked on them at that age and then Josh found a way to get me kicked out of my house. My mom hasn't respected me since. I left Josh that day. I got a job as a stripper, then met Liam. I never liked Liam, but that was the start of me fucking people then leaving. But I told Liam too much. I was still partly in need of some type of love," Zayn explained.

"Liam became my bestfriend. I love Liam more than life itself, and don't tell him I said that. It'll boost his ego. But Josh... He was my first everything. And God do I regret it." Zayn shook his head. "That's horrible.." Niall was so utterly speechless. "We're here," Zayn stopped at an alley way. It had blankets in front of the hole.

When they walk behind the blankets, Niall gasped. "Oh..my.." Niall looked at the lights hanging, paint on the walls, floor, top, everywhere. There was even an area with his and Theo's name. There were papers plastered over the painted walls with paintings on them. "This is amazing." Niall looks around.

The painting Theo had drawn Zayn hung directly at the end in the middle. "Zayn this is the best thing I've ever seen." Niall laughed happily. "What's your favourite colour?" "Red." Niall said and Zayn clapped his hands 4 times and the lights changed to red. "The owner of the shop down the street is my uncle. We're on okay terms so he watches over the place," Zayn tells Niall as he looked over sketches.

Zayn walked over to an old radio and a CD started playing, Niall was all too familiar with the song. 21 Guns by Green Day. "Dance with me, my love," Zayn pulled Niall close by his hips as their bodies swayed to the music. "I come here when I need to get my mind off of things." Zayn said as they looked so fondly at each other.

                "You don't do drugs anymore?" Niall asks. "Not as much, but I still do some when you guys aren't around." Zayn admits and Niall frowned. "This is my favourite song by them." Zayn changed the subject and Niall smiled again. "Mine too." Niall whispered as the music seemed to get louder.

             Niall's lips were so close to Zayn's, but Zayn was the one who connected the kiss and let their lips move together. Niall's heart was racing and Zayn wasn't even thinking again. He was in a whole other world. No dominance was battled for, no heavy pants, no erections, this was the most passionate kiss Niall had ever had.

                Zayn's body was on fire and his stomach had butterflies and the feeling was oh so mutual for Niall. They pull back for air and neither realised it when they just went directly back Into the kiss. Their lips synchronised and their bodies closer than they had ever been. As the song neared an end, they pull back for good.

         "Zayn... I... Don't freak out," Niall whispered, "I like you." Niall said and that was all it took for Zayn to snap out of the world his was in. "Get out." Zayn said in a monotoned voice. "What?" Niall's heart fell. "Call a cab. Leave." Zayn said flatly and backed up. "Zayn.." Niall whispered with tears filling his eyes. Zayn turned the radio off and Niall stood there two more seconds before leaving.

           "FUCK!" Zayn screamed and hit the wall with the bottom of his fist. He felt a stinging sensation behind his eyes and he blinked hard. "No, I don't think so." Zayn laughed to himself. "I don't cry, and I don't 'like'." Zayn shook his head and grabbed a paint brush.

              As for Niall, he laid in bed crying with 3/4 boys consoling him. Once Niall had told the story, Liam was quick to talk to Zayn. Niall sobbed for what seemed like forever and it led him to waking up at four in the morning when Harry, Louis, Liam (he had returned by then), and Austin had fallen asleep.

              "Theo?" Niall asked when he saw the little boy enter his room. "I need Zayn to tell me a bedtime story." Theo whined at the storm. "C'mere," Tears were brought to Niall's eyes as Niall held him tightly to his chest and looked at the four passed out on the floor. "Zayn's not coming back." Niall explained and Theo let out a tear. "Is he in heaven?" Theo asked.

             "No! No, he just... He's gone. We're not friends anymore." Niall tried and Theo cried into his chest. It broke Niall's heart even more to the point where he cried too.

It always happened to him. Always.