21

Harry

It's been about a month since Liam's funeral and Louis still blames himself for his death. He is always whispering to himself when he thinks that I am sleep about how he could have saved Liam from death and that he hates himself for not helping. He is blaming himself and doesn't listen to me when I say it isn't his fault.

I sit in the recliner of our house with Louis sitting on the couch next to me, his legs pulled up to his chest. He has been sitting like this since he woke up ten hours ago. Hasn't moved to drink anything or to eat and he hasn't used the restroom since yesterday. He whispers to himself when he thinks I'm not paying attention and it hurts me that he is hurting himself.

"Lou? Baby?" I ask as I reach over and place a hand on his knee.

No response. I sat up -forgetting that the remote was in my lap as well as my phone- and Louis jumped about a mile in the air when he heard them clatter to the floor. I apologized quickly before picking them up and kissing him in the forehead. Wrapping my arms around his torso, I pulled him to my chest and whispered sweet nothings in his ear as I tried to pull him back to reality.

"Michael?" Louis asked as he looked around.

"He's with Niall, remember?" I say as I push his hair from his eyes.

Louis looked in front of him with wide eyes as if trying to remember. He then whispers to himself again and then slowly begins to nod as if understanding that he isn't here. I sigh as I kiss his forehead again before getting up.

"Harry?" He asked as he looked up at me much like a scared child does to their parent.

"Yes babe?" I asked as I pulled him closer to me.

"When do we get married?" He asked looking genuinely confused.

I froze as I looked down st him with wide eyes and furrowed eyebrows. A gasp was stuck in my throat causing me to cough harshly. He furrowed his eyes in confusion and reached up to pat my chest before looking down embarrassed. I opened my mouth to speak but closed it when I couldn't think of a response. Was he asking me when we got married, or when we are getting married? He was there at the wedding wasn't he? It wasn't someone that looked freakishly like him. I was there, he was, so was the family. Is he okay?

"Babe, we- we are married." I spoke softly.

"We are?" He asks genuinely confused.

I nod as I leaned over the arm of the couch and grabbed the wedding scrapbook Niall made for us during the wedding. The cover was a picture of Louis and I during our first date and when we kissed during our wedding. I placed it in my lap and started to flip through it showing him the pictures of the wedding and other things. He smiled as he looked at it and began pointing out things like its the first time he has seen them and smiling at them in awe.

"I have to show Liam this." He smiles as he let's his feet fall off the couch.

The smile that covered my face slowly started to fall and Louis could sense something was wrong. I sighed and closed the book, placing it on the coffee table and grabbing Louis hand.

"Babe, can you take me to Liam's place please? I have got to show him these pictures." He says excitedly as he pulls his hands out of mine and begins to stand up.

"Babe Liam is-"

"He is gonna smile so big when he finds out we are married. Why didn't he come to the wedding?" Louis asks as he slides his shoes on.

"Babe Liam was there and he-"

"He was?"

"Yes babe." I say but then think about it knowing that Liam wasn't there.

"Well, let's go show him the pictures." He says pulling his jacket on. "Come on babe. I'm not getting any younger." Louis smiles.

"Babe, come here please." I say as I stand and hold my arms open for him to walk into.

"Do you remember what happened a month ago?"

"No. What happened?" He responds after thinking for a while.

I sighed and sat down, pulling him onto my lap and holding him tightly. Taking a deep breath I let it out before telling him that Liam was dead. He looked at me with wide eyes before bursting out in laughter. He was laughing so hard he double over and started crying.

"You're funny Styles. So fucking funny." He says as he stands from my lap. "Now that the joke is over, let's go show Liam the book." He says as he grabs it and opens the door.

I sat on the couch, not moving once as I let Louis keep moving and laughing. He really doesn't remember or he doesn't want to remember I can't really tell. I run a tired hand over my face before getting up and pulling Louis back inside on wobbly legs and closing the door behind him. I grabbed his hand and pulled him up the stairs and sat him on the bed in our room.

"Wait for just a second." I say as I walk over to our dresser and go into his side of it and pull out Liam's obituary.

Walking over to Louis on shaky legs, I stopped in front of him and handed him the piece of paper face down and let him flip it over himself. When he saw that it was Liam's face plastered on it, he looked up wide eyed and mouth agape.

"You really had this joke all planned out didn't you? You even got the obituary. I bet you have Michael and Niall in on this too?" He asks as a smile covers his face.

"Louis. I'm serious. This isn't a joke I swear."

"But it has to be because I talked to Liam last night." He says seriously.

"You couldn't have talked to him last night. He's been dead for a month Louis."

"No he hasn't. And that's final." Louis says before he shoves me by the chest out of the room and slammed the door in my face.

What is wrong with you Lou?

Hello!

Sorry about the late and slow updates.

I actually have a job now so I come home tired as hell and am too lazy to actually update anything. But here this is and I might update again before the night is over!

Comments and votes very much appreciated!

Love you all!!

Gone but never forgotten ll Larry Stylinson || #WATTYS2016On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara