7

Louis ll 7

"Alright Michael, you have to stay at base today okay?" I say as I look at Michael.

"But Louis, I wanna go with you." Michael whines as he wraps his arms around my torso.

"You can't buddy. You have to know how to shoot a gun, and protect yourself." I say as I make sure there are bullets in my gun.

He grabs a gun off the table, walks outside leaving me standing there like an idiot. He comes back, poke his head in the tent and looks at me with raised eyebrows.

"You coming?" He asks.

I nod my head, the only thing I can apparently do at the moment. I followed him out of the tent and a few feet away from everyone. He told me to stay where I was and then he continued to walk, placing something on a large rock of rubble some ways away, and then jogging back. He held up the gun,looking over it and aiming, and then pulling the trigger. Whatever he put out there, fell over faster than I could blink. He ran over to get it and came back, with a can. It had a hole in it.

Well I'll be damned.

"You were saying?" He smirked, walking back to the tent.

I stood there not knowing what to do, but I knew one thing. Michaels shot is better than mine, so I went to my leader and asked if Michael could go out with me.

"What the hell do you think taking a child out into the battlefield is going to do for us?" Lucy spoke as she glared at me.

"I found him in rubble, and he doesn't want to be without me. He can use a firearm just as well as I can, and he is tough." I say as I look over at him getting a vaccination shot. He had tears streaming down his face, proving my theory wrong. "Okay, maybe not as tough as I originally thought. But the kid has balls."

"Yeah, cause he's a boy, not because he is tough." Lucy says rolling her eyes.

"Shut it Lucy. I'm taking him with me whether you like it or not." I say as I walk over to Michael and grab his arm. "Let go."

"I just got a shot there, ow!" He cries.

"Man up dammit."

Michael and I venture towards our tent, grabbing a gun or two and giving him a helmet and a jacket filled with the essentials. We finally stand outside out tent, looking and seeing everyone giving us looks.

"You ready?" I ask, looking over at him.

"As ready as I'll ever be." He says.

___

We walked through an abandoned town, seeing pieces of buildings everywhere. We kept our heads on the swivel, making sure there weren't any enemies coming our way. Michael froze as he saw something, I looked at him and watched as he slowly walked towards the object, gun ready to fire at any time.

"What's wrong Michael?" I asked.

He didn't answer, he just kept walking towards the object, keeping himself on guard. He stopped when he was a few feet from in front of the object. It was in the shadows so it couldnt be seen clearly, but when it moved out into the light, a gasp came from my mouth and I felt like I was dreaming.

"Payne?"

Harry

Today was the day I lay around and do nothing. But if Louis was here, today would be the day where I walk around in his favorite pair of boxer briefs and I would show off for him like every normal Saturday. I remember when I first did it, boy was I nervous as hell.