8

Louis ll 8

"Payne?" I asked over the deafening silence in the abandoned town.

His figure went still in front of me and whatever was in his grasp fell from it. He froze in his spot as I got closer to him. I could tell that he wanted to run away, but he knew that if he did he was in a lot of trouble. I didn't want to shoot him because he has gone missing from out troop since I left the first time.

"Payne?" I asked again getting even closer to him than I was before.

His body was covered in his uniform but it was torn. Everything about his appearance was different. Everything except the eagle tattoo on the lower part of his neck, sticking out the back of his shirt. That's the only reason I knew it was him. I gently poked him in the back with the edge of my gun and Michael stood behind me with his gun pointed to him ready for any sudden movements.

"Turn around Payne. I know it's you." I say as I aim my gun at him.

He slowly turns around and I regret asking him to. As he finally faces me and his face is lit up by the bright sun that was cascading down on us, I finally saw his appearance. He was covered from head to toe in dirt. His left eye had a cut coming from the top of his left eyebrow, going right to the top of his lip. His right eye looked and seemed to be busted, and his ear was completely blown off. It was wrapped in bandages, but what took me off guard the most was his arm. It seemed like he tried to put it back together with stitches. He has it wrapped in some kind of cloth holding it up like a sling and stitches going around his bicep. Overall, he looks bruised and hurt.

"Tomlinson." He speaks as he looks at me With a blank face, but his eyes held all of the emotion.

"What happened to you man?" I ask as I watch him wobble over to me.

He seemed to be in a lot of pain as he tried to move over to me, and that's what concerned me the most. He seemed like he couldn't move but he was determined to move over to me. He wanted to get to me as fast as possible and apparently it wasn't fast enough. As soon as he stepped foot
in front of me, he fell over. I quickly shoved my gun in the back of my pants and caught him with one arm, slowly letting him fall to the ground without hurting himself any more than he was already. I sat on my legs with my feet tucked under myself and placed his head in my lap.

" Enemy attack, hurt. Scott.....Scott...hurt." Was all he said.

"Michael call for backup now!" | yell as I hand him the radio.

Michael called for backup on the radio, telling me that they will be here in about twenty minuets. I grabbed my jacket off myself and used it to wipe away the blood that stained his face. His eyes slowly closing, and his head slowly falls side, I don't know what to do.

"Don't die on me Payne, I've know you for too long to let that happen." I say as I gently pat the side of his face.

Harry

"Pineapples? Check. Whipped cream? Check. Chocolate, Vanilla, Strawberry, and Cookies and cream ice cream? Check. Alright, I think I am ready to make this Ice Cream sundae thingy." I smile to myself as I look at all the ingredients on the counter.

I was making some kind of Ice Cream sundae, and I couldn't wait to dig into it when I finished it. I grabbed the bowl and the ice cream, the scooper and got ready to scoop them up. When I pulled the top off, there was a knock on my door. I glared at the ice cream in front of me and I swear it was melting. Gripping the scooper tightly and walking towards the holding it above my shoulder and grasping the handle of the door and yanking it open.