CHAPER 7

What am I going to wear, what am I going to wear? I was searching through my closet to find something to wear to Melanie's 15th birthday party tomorrow night. I only had 1 dress in my closet, but I wore that dress to 8th grade graduation. Would anyone notice? I gave up looking for the perfect outfit to wear and tried on the dress. It still fit. It was a teal colored dress that came just above my knee, with a little silver bow at the top. I decided to pair it with peacock feather earrings and a matching bracelet, with a pair of silver ballet flats. I set aside the outfit for tomorrow night. I was tired from studying for my first history test. Even though it was friday, I decided to just study today and get it over with so I wouldn't have to study over the weekend. I always cared about my grades, but sometimes it was hard for me to get A's all the time. I was a solid B student. My last report card consisted of B's, B+'s, and one A-. I flopped onto my bed and shut my eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     It's Saterday. It's the weekend. It's sunny outside for once this week. It's Melanie's birthday. I jump out of bed. I was pretty excited, but her party starts at 6:00 pm. I slept for a long time; It was almost 12:00, so I decided to skip breakfast and directly eat lunch instead. My mom and dad were sitting in the Kitchen, just starting to eat their lunch. It consisted of tomato soup, salad, and a homemade turkey panini. Ever since my mom bought that panini maker on sale, she's been making sandwhiches more than usual. My mom loves cooking and baking. "Hi sweetie." my mom said. "Hey." "Just woke up?" "Yup." I opened a cabinet and found some goldfish. I sprinkled a few into my soup. I loved tomato soup and goldfish. "So... what time is Melanie's party at again?" my dad asked. "6:00 pm." The invitation said that all guests should wear blue. Sadie and Tiffany told me that each birthday party that Melanie has needs to be color coded. She started the idea in middle school and it's been going on like that ever since. I went upstairs to my room and found and a small little tiffany blue colored gift bag and put the pandora ring inside it. Then, I found some used white tissue paper and put some in the bag. I forgot to buy her a birthday card, so I quickly made her one. It had a lot of glitter on it and it was bubble gum pink; her favorite color. 6:00 came sooner than I thought, and before I knew it, I was in the car with Sadie and Tiffany. We decided to car pool together and be the first ones to arrive. My mom picked up both of them from their houses. Tiffany was wearing a baby blue pencil skirt with a white blouse that had blue sequin detailing, while Sadie rocked a strechy royal blue strapless mini dress with a cream colored lace cardigain over it. "Rachel, I love your dress!" Tiffany said. "Thanks! Both you and Sadie look great, too!" All my worries seemed to wash away and I knew that tonight was going to be awesome.

     Finally, we pull up to Melanie's house. It had bricks on one half of the house, and coral colored paint on the other half. There were flower shaped balloons tied to the front doornob and the mail box. Sadie goes up and rings the door bell. "Do I have lipstick on my teeth?" she asks me. "Nope." "Okay, good!" Melanie opens the door and says, "Hi girls! Welcome! Come on in!" and I was greeted by a sea of different shades of blue and red plastic cups.