CHAPTER 29

Time went by so fast. It was the last day of school; next year I would be a sophomore. Everybody was going around with their yearbooks, trying to get people to sign them. Melanie, Sadie, Tiffany, and I were sitting at our table in the cafeteria during lunch. We could barely eat our lunch because so many people wanted us to sign their yearbooks.

     About me and Justin, well, I forgave him, but we're just friends, at least for now. Jessica sent my nasty text messages for a month, and Justin told me to ignore them; he was getting them, too. She eventually stopped and I haven't heard from her since. A whole bunch of guys from the school's football team came up to us, all except for Cameron, who was sitting at their lunch table, trying not to look at us. Apparently, he found out about Melanie's spring fling with Hunter and how she proceeded to talk to him while she and Cameron were still together. He refused to look at her after that, but Melanie didn't seem to mind. She claims that he's "a bore." "Hey, Rachel, can I get your autograph?!" a guy with curly brown hair squealed; I think his name's Liam. "Sure." I muttered, and awkwardly scribbled my name in silver sharpie. "Thanks!" he exclaimed, then pranced away like a deer, making me laugh.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     I pretty much just experienced a whole school day of fame. My hand was sore from signing so many yearbooks. I bet Melanie, Tiffany, and Sadie signed more yearbooks than I did, though. Even being part of the Pretty People for a year, I still felt like a newbie.

     I was now flopped onto my bed after a tiresome school day. It was officially summer. Sunlight streamed from my window onto my bed. My sidekick buzzed, indicating that I had a new text.

Hi Rachel!

It was from Justin. I smiled to myself and quickly typed back.

Hey! I'm so bored. Last day of school was today.

A few minutes later, my phone buzzed again.

Oh, really? We got out a week earlier than you guys did then. Hey, wanna do something?

Sure, I typed, Any suggestions?

We agreed to meet at the Rose Field Park, which was in my neighborhood. I decided to go there early, so I quickly pulled my hair into a messy bun, dropped my sidekick into my tote bag, and headed out. Before I left, I quickly changed into my black converse shoes, remembering that I wouldn't be able to walk around in the wedge sandals I had on. I opened the door and was greeted by a nice, warm breeze. The air smelled like freshly cut grass. I took a deep breath in and started walking towards the park.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    I sat down on one of the dark green park benches. I took out my sidekick and started playing the sims 2. I was in the middle of working a shift at the grocery store when Justin arrived. I pushed a strand of hair behind my ear and looked up. "Hi!" I said, standing up and pausing my game. "Hey." he smiled. "So...wanna walk around?" "Sure." he said. "I've been wanting to talk."

     "So how was the last day?" he asked, as we were strolling along the stone path. "Good." I nodded. Our conversation wasn't really getting anywhere. I scrambled for something else to say to change the subject, but then Justin broke the silence. "I really want you back." he cleared his throat. I just looked down dumbly. I guess I kind of did, too. "I mean, it has been a while, right?" he asked. "Yeah." I looked up at the sky. "I guess so." Another silence fell. "Come on, please don't play hard to get." "I'm not." I said. "I just really don't know what I want right now. Maybe we shouldn't talk about this." I kicked a pebble and it rolled on the ground. We stopped walking. "Well, can you at least give me a yes or no answer?" he pleaded. "Sorry." I said stupidly. "For what?" "For acting stupid and everything. I just thought that Jessica was taking over your brain and I was worried." "I'm sorry, too," he nodded. "for not trusting you. But Jessica's behind us, now. Come on, let's start fresh. Jessica will never get in the way of us ever again." He really did sound sorry. And he was right, Jessica was past us, and even if she came back, we could just ignore her, right? But what if she came back and got revenge on me, by getting Justin back? She's obviously still not over him. But if I say yes, I guess Justin will take care of any Jessica problems. "Okay." I blurted out, then grinned. "Great!" he said. "And, I have something for you." "Mhm?" he pulled something out of his pocket and closed his hand over mine. In my palm lay my key charm bracelet, but with a heart shaped lock charm added next to it.

THE END!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Did you guys like it? Comment below if you read it, please, I would love to hear from any readers! :) I will start another book once new ideas come to me. Thanks to all those who read it and enjoyed it!