CHAPTER 12

The bell rung. We were free; it was now officially Christmas break. During lunch, I gave Tiffany, Melanie, Kevin, Cameron, and Sadie presents and they gave me little gifts back. I've always loved Christmas. A lot has happened since September. Obviously, I made new friends, and me and Kelly got into another fight; this time, it was more serious. Believe it or not, she still wasn't talking to me. I was planning on talking to her after school today since her locker is close to mine. I even bought her a little Christmas present. I unzipped the front pocket of my backpack and took out a little red box with a gold ribbon on top. I slowly made my way towards Kelly. "Hey." I said, handing her the gift. "...What's this for?" "It's for you. It's just something I got you for Christmas." "Oh." She awkardly opened the box, and inside there were a pair of emrald earring studs. Yes, they were real. "You bought this for me?" she asked. "Yup." "...Thanks." She obviously didn't get me anything. "Look, it's been months now and you're still mad at me. I don't want you to not be in my life anymore. We've been friends for a long time and I don't want you to just ignore me for the rest of our lives. I'm really sorry about all the stupid things I've done in the past, but if you give me one more chance, I'll be nicer. I promise." Kelly just stood there, not saying anything. Talk about awkward. "Okay. I'll give you another chance." I couldn't help smiling. "Hugzies?" I asked. Kelly hugged me. "I really like the earrings. Thanks so much," Kely said. "I feel bad now because I didn't get you anything." "It's okay. Want to come over my house tomorrow?" "Sure." she smiled. Then, she took out her earrings and put the new ones in.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     "I'll get it!" I shouted from upstairs. I opened the door. "Hi!!" Kelly said. She was back in her original, happy state. "Hey! Come in!" It was freezing out today. I was still in my pajamas. "I got you this before I came, to say thanks for the present you got me yesterday and to start off fresh." She handed me a silver bag with tissue paper sticking out at the top. "Oh, thanks!" "Open it!!" "Okay, okay, I'm opening it." I laughed. I took out the tissue paper and at the bottom, there was a teddy bear wearing a red sweater with a candycane on it. Kelly reached into her purse and pulled out a teddy bear that was identical to it, except it had a green sweater, and took my bear and stuck them together so that they were kissing. "See? They're magnetic friendship bears! Isn't that cute?" "Haha, yeah." It was cute. "Come on, let's go to my room." We ran upstairs and I placed the bear on my nightstand. "Are you guys having Christmas dinner?" Kelly asked. "Yeah, but we haven't made anything yet because we're planning on just having it at our house with our family." "Well, you could come over to my house! My aunt Clara is coming over too, and she's going to bring her famous gingerbread cookies." "Really? Sounds good to me! I'll ask my mom and e-mail you tonight." "Okay." I had Christmas dinner with Kelly and her aunts, uncles, and cousins last year, and let me just say that when I ate her aunt's gingerbread cookies for the first time, I died and went to heavan. "I'm really glad things are normal again between us." I said. "Me too." Kelly said. "So what do you wanna do?" she asked. "Wanna bake some Christmas cookies? We were going to make them for dinner tomorrow, but since I'm going over your house, we can just make and eat them now." "Sure!" When I got downstairs, I told my mom about Christmas dinner over at Kelly's house. She said it was okay, so we started making the cookies. While it was baking in the oven, we made some hot chocolate. Once everything was made, we dug in. "Cheers!" Kelly said, raising her mug. "Cheers." I said, and I drank my hot chocolate.