Chapter 16- The Camp

Start from the beginning

"He appreciates my actions. I'm not afraid to get my hands dirty," Jared snaps, taunting the knife by my eye.

Whimpering as the blade touched gently, a tear falls onto the blade...

"Now, where is he?" Jared growls, silver eyes like slits as they bored into mine.

Opening my mouth to speak, someone says,"Jared back off, you have to know the consequences of what you're doing."

"Since when do you ever care what's right, Adam?" Jared asks, turning to look the muscular guy in the eyes.

"Since you were going to cause a major conflict between packs," Adam explains.

"No, what's right is that we get Leon back! He's a threat over there. Who knows what he's told their Alpha already!" Jared yells back, completely enraged.

"Doesn't mean you go ripping on some small girl to fix it," Adam tells him, standing just as Jared does.

Oh, no...

"You testing me now?" Jared hisses in question.

"I'm helping you," Adam corrects.

"Just leave," Jared says,"obviously you're too weak to watch an enemy get tortured."

Adam rolls his eyes, sitting back down.

"Anyone else want to share their thoughts? Don't be shy, it's not like we're short on time or anything..." Jared says to the crowd sarcastically.

When nobody speaks up, Jared turns back to me and kneels to my level.

Glaring daggers at him, I watch as he lifts the knife back up to the same cheek, tucking my hair behind my ear to expose my wound.

The pain bites at me, my screams only pleasing Jared more and more as he cut, a mischievous smile reaching his ears.

As he went to cut again, my hands were sweaty as well as my brow. I ached to wipe it away since it stung in my eyes.

"I'll get you back for this, you son of a-"

He dug the knife in again, my toes curling as I screeched my own throat raw, cutting off my sentence.

My whole body was shaking violently as I heaved in breaths...

"You want to think about telling me now?" Jared questions, knifing my hair out from behind my ear to cover the cuts.

I grit my clattering teeth together and still manage to give him a stern glare as blood covered me.

"In your dreams," I groan.

To be honest, I wouldn't even mind having him take my life right here and now.

I was unhappy with my future to come and I had a gloomy past. There was nothing good in my life to look at.

"You can act all tough like this. But really, the worst is to come. Don't be a dumbass and choose to be skinned alive," Jared tells me, holding my other cheek and stroking my skin with his thumb.