Chapter 66

You set at your desk, messing with your camera. You heard the door unlock and open, the closed.

"I got hit by a damn door." Is the first thing Camila said. You turned around in your chair.

"That's nice," You chuckled. "How?"

"I was with Dinah and Zendaya at the mall, third wheeling, you know?" You nodded. "So, I went to the restroom and bam, next thing you know, my nose is bleeding."

"Who did it?"

Camila shrugged, "Some blonde curly haired girl. I don't know, never got her name."

You nodded, bringing your camera up. You snapped a picture of Camila, who looked at you and smiled.

"You haven't used that since we've been here."

"I know," you nodded. "I've been on cloud 9 with Lauren."

"I know --" Camila paused. "It smells like sex in here."

---

Dinah and Zendaya set in their dorm. Zendaya was studying for an upcoming test, while Dinah was scrolling through her phone.

Dinah looked at Zendaya, and smiled. She would've never thought that they would end up together. Dinah remembered how they met, and frowned. Zendaya was in an alley, nearly getting raped. She never asked Zendaya about that.

"Daya," Dinah put her phone down. "You remember how we met?"

Zendaya looked up from her book. She frowned at the memory.

"Yeah, why?"

"I never asked you how you ended up in that position," Dinah said.

"I rather not talk about it." Zendaya mumbled. Now that Dinah thinks about it, she knows absolutely nothing about her.

"Hold up," Dinah furrowed her eyebrows. "I know nothing about you. About your family or your past life. All I know is that you didn't have anywhere to live."

"Dinah," Zendaya warned. "I said I don't want to talk about it."

"But I do," Dinah stood. "I want to know about your family."

"And I don't."

"For fuck sakes," Dinah groaned. "Do you have any sisters? Any brothers -"

"No, Dinah!" Zendaya shouted. "They were all murdered, okay? They were killed by a fucking gang! Shot at! The only reason I wasn't killed is because I wasn't there! I was being selfish and decided to stay home!"

"Zen-"

"No, no. Now you know," Zendaya scoffed, getting up. "I got my family killed. And who knew being selfish could save your life?"

Zendaya stormed out of the dorm, slamming the door shut. Dinah felt tears swell in her eyes, but she quickly wiped them away.

Dinah set her jaw and ran out of the dorm to follow Zendaya.

"Daya, wait!" Dinah shouted, following Zendaya.

---

Normani sighed as she walked the streets of Miami. She knew it was dangerous to be walking around at night, but she couldn't help it.