Chapter 13

"What should I wear? I still have that date with Austin," Camila said as you two sat in her room.

"I thought you liked Dinah?" You said, more like questioned.

Camila groaned, "It's complicated."

---

Troy pulled into a fancy restaurant, then quickly got out of his car and jogged to the passenger side. He opened the door for Ally.

Ally smiled, "Thank you," she got out of the car, Troy closing it and locking it.

"Yeah," He said, smiling and taking Ally's hand.

----

"Where's Camila?" Lauren asked once she got into your room.

"On a date," you said, flipping the page of your book, "With Austin," you put your book down.

"Oh," Lauren said, "Normani is on a date with Dinah, and Ally is out with Troy."

"Oh?" you cocked an eyebrow, "So I'm the last option?" you joked.

Lauren's eyes widen, "No no no! I-"

"I'm just kidding, Lauren," you laughed.

Lauren cracked a smile, "You think that's funny, huh?" you nodded, still laughing. Lauren the dove onto your bed, her hands going to your ribcage.

Her fingers moved at a rapid pace as you loudly laughed. Lauren continued to tickle you, you squirming.

"S-stop!" you laughed, "P-please! L-Lo stop!" Lauren stopped and looked up at you.

"Lo?" she questioned. You opened your mouth, then closed it as you feel a blush rising on your cheeks, "Cute."

---

Normani and Dinah awkwardly sat at the dinner table. Dinah took a sip from her water, avoiding eye contact.

Normani sighed, breaking the silence, "This isn't going to work, is it?"

Dinah set her water down, shaking her head, "No. I think we're better off friends, Mani."

Normani nodded, biting her lip, "Okay."

---

You heard a knock at the door, causing you and Lauren to stop talking. You heard your Aunt open it.

"Go away, Y/D/N," your Aunt said, causing you to sigh.

"No! I want to see my d-daughter!" he slurred his words.

Great, you thought,  He's drunk.

You then heard a thud, causing you to stand up. You rushed downstairs, hearing Lauren following you.

Your Aunt was on the floor, holding her cheek, which was red and had a handprint on it. You looked at your father to see his hand still raised.

Lauren rushed over to help your Aunt, while you marched up to your father.

"Leave," you demanded, keeping your cool. You didn't want to lash out at your father.

"N-no. Y/Y-N I-" you cut him off by shoving him out the door, him falling on his ass. You slammed the door shut, locking it.

---

Dinah sighed as she walked down on the beach. Her hands were in her pocket when she heard a muffled cry from the alleyway.

She furrowed her eyebrows and rushed toward the alleyway. A girl was pend up on a wall by a guy, whose hands were on her breast.

"Hey!" Dinah shouted," Get out of here before I beat your ass!" the man grunted and let go of the girl, then running off. She rushed to the girl who is on the floor, "Hey. Are you okay?"

The girl looked up with tears in her eyes, "N-no."

"Alright, uh, what's your name?"

"Z-Zendaya."

---

Austin smiled as he took Camila's hand. Austin took her to the state fair. It was on a dock, where a gigantic Farris wheel is, along with some mini-games.

"What do you want to go on first?" Austin asked.

Camila grinned, "The Ferris Wheel!"

---

You kneeled down, placing an ice pack on your Aunt's cheek.

"Are you okay?" You asked, your voice a whisper as you looked at her.

"Yes," she nodded, "But are you?"

You licked your lips, "I'm fine," you said, not being angry or upset or sad, you're nothing. You didn't feel a thing.

"Okay," she said, "Go with Lauren."

You stood up, then exited the kitchen and went over to Lauren.

"Sorry you had to see that," you apologized, sitting down next to her.

Lauren only just realized how complicated your life is.

"It's fine," she said, "And don't apologize. Though, what're you going to do about your dad?"

You sighed, "We'll get a restraining order, and then report him to the school council for a different principal."

Lauren nodded, taking your hand. You smiled at her and interlaced your fingers with her hers.

////

edited - 8/17/17

snapchat : graciejbands

check out my other stories, most of them are better then this. i hope.

-gracie