Chapter 11

"What?"

"He's back, Aunt Glo! He's my principal!" You exclaimed with anger.

"Your father is back?" Her face hardened. "That bastard."

----

You were upstairs, listening to music and editing a photo. All of a sudden, you heard faint yelling. You took out your earbuds, pausing the music - and the yelling became clear.

You got up and jogged downstairs. Your aunt and father was yelling at each other.

Fuck.

----

"Camila! You know Y/N, right? Is that really her father?" Normani asked as they walked down the hall.

Camila shrugged and kept walking, ignoring the questions. As Troy was about to ask a question, Camila came to a stop and turned around.

"Stop with the questions!" Camila snapped. "Isn't it pretty obvious? They have the same last name, don't they!? Just..leave Y/N alone!"

---

"Let me see my da-"

"No!" Your Aunt cut him off. "You have no right to be here!" You could see the anger in your dad's eyes.

He raised his hand, and panic came into your Aunt's eyes. She knows what's about to happened. She's been through it all before.

You felt a stinging sensation on your cheek as you stand in front of your Aunt.

"Y/N!" The two shouted. You looked up at your father, your jaw clenched.

Lauren was walking home, and as she walked up to her front door, she saw it all. The shouting and him slapping you.

She felt anger in her veins, and disappointment. She's disappointed in herself, for some reason. She has the urge to run over there a protect you.

You pushed your father with all your strength, causing him to fall onto the ground on his back.

Your fists are clenched. Your breathing is heavy. You just want to hit him and kick him until he coughs up blood.

You took a deep breath, "Get out of here before I do something I regret." You spoke in a calm manner, scaring your father - and Lauren and your Aunt. "Now!" Your father scrambled to get up, running to his car and driving away.

You watched his car drive pass Lauren, causing your eyes to lock with hers. You shook your head, turning around and brushing pass your Aunt.

---

"Are you okay, Mila?" Dinah quietly asked.

"I-just, I hate Y/N's father so much." Camila mumbled, putting her head in her hands.

"Why?" Dinah asked. Camila looked up at her.

"I just do." Camila muttered. Camila promised never to tell, and she won't. Not even if her life depended on it.

---

"Hey Ally," Troy scratched the back of his neck, a nervous habit of his. "Will you ah uh, g-go on a date with me?"

Ally's eyes widened in shocked. She never thought that Troy would ask her on a date.

"I-uh, yeah!"

----

You carefully put one leg out of the window, then the other leg. You dropped to the ground, landing on your feet. The back of your knees hurt from the drop, but you ignored it.

"Y/N?" You looked up to see Lauren, her head peering out of the window. Lauren was on her phone when she saw you jump from the corner of her eye.

"Shh." You hushed her, putting your pointer finger on your lips. "Don't tell." You began to walk.

"Wait!" You stopped, turning around. "I want to come." You glanced at her house, then Lauren.

"Okay," you whispered. "But it's a long jump."

"Don't underestimate me, L/N." Lauren playfully glared at you, then dropping to the ground. She bucked her knees, safely landing.

"Alright," you said. "Now come on."

----

"Why is Lauren here?" Camila asked. "No offense, Lauren - it's just that Y/N never brings anyone with her."

"Shush," you mumbled. "And she saw me jump out of the window."

Lauren looked around. You guys were at an abandon carousel that's on the beach. Some of
the horses are beat up or not there anymore.

"What do you guys do here?" Lauren asked, returning her eyes to you and Camila.

"Talk, hangout, take pictures of things, sometimes even swimming." Camila answered.

You got out your camera, focusing on the carousel, you snapped a picture.

"What if we get caught?" Lauren asked.

You looked up from your camera, "We run and don't get caught." You responded.

In all honesty, this was just a getaway. You didn't want to be stuck at home in your room, thinking about your dad and how he's back in your life.

"Who's up for a swim?" You asked. It is warm outside, and not cold.

"But we don't have any bathing suits?" Lauren questioned.

You grinned, putting your camera down. You took off your shirt and pants and shoes. You're now in your bra and underwear, Camila also stripped.

Lauren watched as you took off your clothes, her eyes then scanning over your body. She snapped out of her thoughts, shaking her head, she too stripped.

You looked at Lauren, your eyes raking her body. You were mesmerized by her skin and curves, but you averted your eyes.

"Let's go!" Camila shouted, running to the water. You laughed and followed her, running into the water.

Lauren hesitated, but did the same. Once you were waist deep into the water, you dived into it, going underwater.

Lauren gasped, "Be careful!"

"Don't worry," Camila said. "She always does this, let her be."

You stayed underwater, your eyes close and your legs crossed. You let all of your problems go, like it's being washed away into the ocean.

After minuets of staying underwater, yes, minuets, you swim back up. You open your eyes and gasp for air.

"That's a new record!" Camila said. You brush your hair back with your hand, then looking at Lauren, who looks relieved.

"We should start heading back," you said after a minuet of silence. "We still have school tomorrow."

---

You and Lauren stop at her driveway.

"Tonight was fun," Lauren smiled. "It really was, and it was different."

"Yeah," you said, a small smile playing on your face. "Maybe you can tag along next time." You winked at her. "Now, get back inside before someone notices you're gone."

///

edited - 5/11/17

i probably already said this but looking back on these chapters makes me cringe

- gracie