Chapter 12

All day long, Dinah has been looking at you weirdly. The look on her face says it all; she knows about you. Not just about your father - which everyone knows about now - but about your mother, your brothers and just everything.

And there's only one person who knows about you; and that's Camila.

----

Camila stood at her locker. She knows she shouldn't have told Dinah. But Dinah is one of Camila's crushes, and she really likes her.

Camila wish she could take it back. She wish she didn't have to blurt out your life story.

You followed Dinah into the restroom, then locked the door.

"What'd she tell you?" You asked, startling Dinah.

"W-what?" Dinah asked after turning around and facing you.

"Camila," you said. "What'd she tell you?" You repeated.

Dinah looked down at the ground, then you.

"Everything."

----

"Normani!" Ally exclaimed, bouncing with excitement. "Guess what!"

"What?" Normani laughed at her excitement.

"Troy asked me out!" Ally grinned.

Normani's smile faltered, but she replaced it with a fake smile.

"Oh, cool," she said, feeling something in her stomach. "When is he taking you out?" Normani doesn't know why she feels this way, but she feels jealous. Not jealous because Troy asked Ally out, jealous because she didn't ask her out.

----

You decided not to ask Camila about why she told Dinah. Instead, you're waiting to see if she tells you.

Camila glanced at you, unsure if she should tell you or not.

"Would Y/N L/N please come to the office?" The intercom came on. You sighed and stood up, grabbing your bag.

You walked out of the classroom, knowing that your dad wants to talk to you. You ran a hand through your hair as you entered the office.

"What?" You asked, sitting down at the desk. "What do you want?"

"I want to a-"

"No," you interrupted, shaking your head. "Saying you want to apologize is bullshit. You hit me. If it wasn't for me, you would've hit Aunt Gloria. And you know what she's been through." You stood up, calmly speaking. "Now, I have a class to attended to."

---

Lauren set down beside you, "Hey Y/N."

You looked up from your camera, "Hello, Lauren." You held up your camera. "Smile!"

Lauren gave a smile, her teeth showing and her eyes glinting with emotion. You snapped the photo. You shook it so the picture came out faster. You were using your Polaroid camera.

Since Camila was nowhere in sight, and you are mad at her and don't want to talk to her, you decided to talk to Lauren.

"You know," you said. "I wanted to get through high school without any drama. I only wanted one friend, but she told someone something about me. I didn't want my father to show up and be my principal. I didn't want any of this to happen."

"Life has its up and downs. We don't wish for these things to happen, but they just do." Lauren sighed.

"I know," you mumbled. "But don't you ever wonder what life would be like if one event didn't happened? Like, what if my dad never left my mother?"

Lauren stayed quiet, this is the first time she has heard about you talk about your mother. She didn't know what to say.

"Or, what if my mom didn't get in a car crash?" You continued. "Or my brothers join the armed forces." You looked up at Lauren. "Please don't tell anybody about my life, Lauren."

Lauren nodded, "Okay."

You sighed, "I'd hate to admit this, but I trust you, Lauren. So don't screw this up."

----

All day long, Normani and Dinah haven't been talking. Sure, they're together, but do they really have anything to talk about? No.

Normani likes Ally, and Dinah likes Camila.

Normani doesn't know it yet, but she does. And Dinah thinks she's over Camila, but she's not.

----

Camila came into your room, her head hung low. She was getting ready to tell you about how she told Dinah all about you.

"Camila," you said. You never called her by her full name, making Camila knit her eyebrows together. "Why'd you tell Dinah?"

Camila sat on your bed, "You know?" She asked.

You nodded, "I figured it out. Dinah kept giving me weird looks, so, why did you tell her?"

"I-I don't know," Camila admitted. "I really don't. I know that I shouldn't have, but I did. And I'm sorry."

You lied on your bed, Camila sitting by your feet.

You sighed, "Okay."

"Okay?"

You shrugged, the holding one arm out.

"Okay. Come and cuddle with me." You said, slightly smiling. Camila looked up at you, grinning as she laid down next to you. "Just, don't do it again. I told Lauren about my mom and dad."

Camila was quiet, "Do you like her?"

You licked your lips, "I don't know. I'm still trying to figure that out."

---

goodnight

tomorrow is Monday

-Gracie.

^ ew who even is that person anymore

edited - 5/11/17