Chapter 52

The next day at school, Shawn was next to Camila's locker. Shawn noticed the upset look on her face. Shawn and Camila were practically dating now. Shawn knew that Camila being upset had something to do with Y/N.

"Why don't you just talk to her?" Shawn asked. Immediately, Camila knows who he was talking about. Your name doesn't have to be said.

"Why should I?" Camila inquired, shutting her locker and turning toward Shawn.

"It's obvious you're upset," Shawn retorted, "And we all know why. It's because of you and Y/N fighting. The whole lunch table knows that something isn't right."

"If you're telling me to apologize, I'm not going to. She's the one who needs to apologize," Camila pointed out.

"I'm not saying that you should be the one to apologize," Shawn started as Camila and him began to walk to first period, "I'm saying that you should go talk to her. She's your best friend, and even I have forgiven her by now."

"It's only been a week," Camila paused, "That's not long. I can hold a long grudge."

"And so can Y/N!" Shawn exclaimed, "That's why I'm saying, one of you need to lower your ego and talk to each other!"

"Well," Camila chuckled, "We all know that's not going to be Y/N. She has way to big of an ego."

"Then be the bigger person and talk to her, Camila."

---

Normani shut her locker, then turned around. She sighed as she scanned the hallway. She saw Ally at her locker, her head down. Normani felt a tug of guilt in her stomach, but then remembered what Ally had done. Normani shouldn't be the one to feel guilty, Ally should. And Ally does.

Normani slowly tore her eyes away from the smaller girl, then looked and saw Hailee. The two haven't spoken since last night. Well, there was barely any talking going on last night. And when Normani woke up this morning, Hailee was gone.

Normani walked over to Hailee, "Hey."

Hailee looked up from her locker as she closed it. Hailee bit her lip, staring at Normani. Normani's eyes shifted to the ground, then back to Hailee as they stood in an awkward silence. Normani placed both of her hands on the straps of her book bag.

"So," Hailee broke the silence, "Last night, huh?"

"Yeah, listen, I don't want any strings to be attached. And - it only happened once - there won't be a second or a third," Normani rushed out.

Hailee let out a sigh of relief, "Thank god! So, last night never happened?"

"Nope, it never happened." Normani confirmed, nodding her head.

"Alright," Hailee smiled, "I'll see you at lunch."

---

You and Lauren sat on one end of the table, while Camila and Shawn sat at the other. Every now and then, you'd glance up and look at Camila. And Lauren noticed.

"Talk to her, "Lauren whispered to you.

"No," you murmured, taking a sip of your water. Lauren knew that you were stubborn, and she has had enough of it.

"Talk to her or I'll make you," Lauren harshly whispered. She was doing this for your own good. She knew that you need Camila in your life.

"How are you goi-" Lauren cut you off by standing up, catching the table's attention. She grabbed your arm, yanking you up. Lauren rolled her eyes as you muttered an ow. She dragged you over to Camila, then picking Camila up by her elbow.

She proceeded out of the cafeteria, ignoring the protests from both you and Camila. Once she got outside of the cafeteria, she let both of you go.

"You two, talk it out. Now. You won't go anywhere until you talk," Lauren demanded.

"What about classes?" you asked.

"Oh, well," Lauren gave an innocent smile, "That's not my problem!" With that, she walked away, "Oh - and I'll be standing inside of the cafeteria, so I'll know if you do or do not talk it out," she walked back inside.

You and Camila stood in an uncomfortable and awkward silence. You both just wanted this to be over with. But the both of you are too stubborn. After a minute or two, you decided to let up.

"I'm sorry," you blurted out, causing Camila to looked up at you, "I know you're old enough to make your own decisions. I just - I just don't want to lose you too, Camila. And you, Gloria and Harry are the only family I have. It's not that I don't trust you or anything, I'm just, I don't know, scared?"

Camila knew what you were trying to say. She also knew that expressing your feelings were hard for you.

"I'm also sorry," Camila spoke after a moment, "For yelling at you - that was out of line."

You smiled and stood there, staring at Camila. Camila rolled her eyes, jumping on you and wrapping her legs around you. You laughed, gripping onto her thighs. Camila wrapped her arms around your neck, giving you a big hug. You stood there, softly sighing and enjoying the hug. You've missed your best friend.

The bell rung, and out came the students of the cafeteria. You and Camila didn't move. You just stood there and hugged each other.

"Looks like they're on good terms again," Lauren commented as she and everyone else walked out. Lauren had a smile on her face.

"Finally," Shawn let out a small laugh, "They were both so sad. I couldn't stand it anymore."

"You? What about me, I literally got up and dragged them outside," Lauren chuckled. Shawn rolled his eyes, but smiled.

///

edited - 9/1/17

snapchat : graciejbands

- gracie 💓