Chapter 8

"For the entire third semester, you and a partner will be getting to know each other. Yes, I know, 'why didn't we do that during the first semester?' Well, I - and a couple other staff members notice that some of you have a hard time opening up and talking to some of your peers," Mr. Jefferson said, giving you a look before continuing. "And, I will be choosing your partner."

You sighed and rested your head on the desk, internally groaning. Mr. Jefferson is now your most hated teacher. Even though he's trying to help you, you don't want his help.

"Ally and Brad, Normani and Troy, Dinah and Camila, Austin and Shawn, and Lauren and Y/N." Mr. Jefferson announced.

Ally groaned, seeing as she and Brad are now partners. Normani tensed when Mr. Jefferson said Dinah and Camila.

"Now, sit beside your partner," Mr. Jefferson commanded. You got up, leaving Camila and walking over to Lauren. You set beside her, avoiding eye contact. "Good, now for the remainder of the bell, you can start."

You sighed, turning your head and facing Lauren.

"I'll come over to your house?" Lauren said, more like questioned.

You shrugged, "Sure."

For the remainder of the bell, as everyone else talked, you two awkwardly set there.

----

"It's awkward," you groaned. "And you know how I don't like opening up to people."

"Yeah yeah, stop your complaining. Why don't you just, open up to her?" Camila said, like it was the easiest thing in the world.

"It's not that easy!" You exclaimed. "What am I suppose to say? 'Oh, hi Lauren! My dad left my mom and I and when I was thirteen my mom died in a car accident! Also! I live with my Aunt!' Seriously, Camila?"

"Okay, point taken. But why don't you just tell her your favorite color?"

"I don't have one."

"It's black, Y/N. Your favorite color is black."

"Why can't you do just do the project for me?" You asked.

"Because, I have my own project. And unlike you, I'm not a wuss."

You raised an eyebrow, "Says the girl who went into the basement with me because she thought Michael Myers was in the house."

"Shut up."

----

"Nice place, smalls," Brad commented as Ally and him set down in her room.

"Don't call me that," Ally made a disgusted face.

"Damn, alright," Brad chuckled, putting his hands up in surrender.

----

"So, you and Dinah, huh?" Troy asked as they set in Normani's room.

"Yeah, you and Ally?"

"Not yet..I like her, but I don't know if she likes me."

"She totally likes you."

----

"I'm basically an open book!" Camila grinned at Dinah. "So ask away!"

"Alright," Dinah tapped on her chin. "Any siblings?"

"Yeah. Her name is Sofi!" Camila smiled, picturing her sister.

"Favorite food?"

"Bananas!"

----

"You and Camila?" Shawn questioned, watching as Austin looked around his room.

"Yeah," Austin smiled. "She's pretty cool, and beautiful. I asked her out on a date, she said yes."

Shawn felt a twist in his stomach, something he's never felt before.

"Hm, okay."

---

Lauren took a deep breath before knocking on your door. You got up from the couch, and took your time getting to the door.

You opened it to see Lauren, "Come in." You stepped aside, then shutting it behind Lauren. "We're doing this in my room."

You walked upstairs, not looking behind you to see if Lauren is coming or not, because you know she is.

Honestly, you just want to get this over with. And Lauren is lucky to even go into your room, or matter of fact, into your house. Sure, Lauren has seen the living room and kitchen from when she ate dinner here, but nothing more.

You opened your bedroom door, where your collage of photos hand above your bed on the wall and even some on the ceiling.

"Nice room," Lauren complimented, then added, "How'd you get the pictures on the ceiling?"

You set down at your desk, where your camera is.

"Magic. No, but a ladder, tape and Camila keeping me steady. Not the best idea since she's clumsy, but she didn't mess anything up." You explained.

Lauren stood standing, not sure if she should sit or not. You got your English folder and notebook out, then noticing Lauren still standing.

"You can sit, you know," you said, causing Lauren to blush from embarrassment. She set down on the chair that's next to your desk.

You smiled, seeing the blush on her face.

Cute, you thought, really cute.

You shook your head, "Anyways. Shall we start?"

"Sure, uh, any siblings?"

You nodded, "Two, actually. Harry and Ashton."

"Really? I've only seen Harry." Lauren raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah. Ashton is in the Air Force while Harry is in the Navy. They're both 21. Harry is older by a couple of months."

"Aren't you scared?"

"Of?"

"Them getting hurt, or dying?" Lauren asked.

You looked up, a frown on your face, "Wouldn't be the first time somebody died in my life."

///

edited - 2/5/17