Chapter 28

Ally was talking to Troy like nothing happened. Like she didn't kiss Normani. Like she didn't kiss someone else. Like she didn't kiss her best friend. Like she didn't enjoy the kiss.

Troy doesn't suspect a thing. He doesn't know that his girlfriend cheated on him. He doesn't know that she kissed someone else. He doesn't know anything all.

It's like it never happened. So that's why Normani is staring at the two with confusion. She wonders if Ally told Troy, and if he was angry or not. But Normani can tell she didn't tell him.

Ally grabbed Troy's hand, laughing with him. Normani looked at their hands. She was practically glaring at them.

---

"Ooh, he's cute," Zendaya said aloud, looking at  a guy. Dinah looked at who she was talking about.

"That's Trevor Jackson," Dinah pointed out.

"Well he's cute,"

"I guess," Dinah mumbled, feeling jealous as she looked away.

---

Camila sighed as she entered the music room. She came to a halt when she heard a voice singing and playing guitar. She peaked around the wall to see Shawn, his eyes closed as he sings.

"Wow," Camila said once Shawn was done, "You're good."

Shawn jumped, clearly startled, "Oh - uh, thanks," a faint blush appeared on his cheeks.

Camila smiled.

---

Normani sighed and threw her bag onto the ground. She collapsed onto the couch, just as her mother walked in.

"Mani," her mother said, "Your father and I have to tell you something. Please come to the kitchen."

Normani groaned, but got up anyway. She walked into the kitchen, following her mother.

"What's up?" Normani asked, lifting herself up onto the counter and crossing her legs.

Her parents shared a glance, then Derrick decided to speak up.

"We're moving," Derek said, "To Texas."

Normani's face dropped, "What?"

"We're moving to Texas," her mother, Andrea, repeated.

"Why?"

"Your father got a better job there, and well, Barbara might be uh, dying soon," Andrea told her daughter.

Normani opened her mouth, but no words came out. What about Ally? What about her friends? What about Dinah and Lauren? What about school? She can't just drop it all. But then again, her grandmother might be dying. And if she does die, she wants to see her one last time.

"W-when are we leaving?" Normani managed to get out.

"Tonight." Derrick said, "Go pack your things."

It's only then Normani realized that mostly everything was already packed.

---

"Are you sure you don't want to say bye to your friends? We still have time,"

"I'm sure," Normani shook her head, "it'll only make things harder."

"Alright."

///

edited - 8/17/17

snapchat : graciejbands

oof

- gracie 🌙