Chapter 62

Classes don't start for another week. They gave the new student's and transfer student's a chance to settle in. You like that, because you needed to take everything in. You haven't seen Camila and everyone else in awhile, and they're all acting like dicks - except for Camila, of course.

Camila ran off to somewhere. You looked around, feeling the sunlight hitting your face. You came upon the library, so you went inside. Thousands of books on bookshelves surrounded you. It was quiet in the library, the only sound to be heard was the air condition and people typing on the computers.

You smiled at the librarian, who smiled right back at you. You walked further in, looking around. You liked fiction. Not non-fiction. Fiction made you feel like you were in a different world. Where everything is care free and you can be the characters you actually want to be. While non-fiction just gave you facts, and made you realized that the world is just a cycle of people discovering things.

You saw Lauren reading in a corner. She sighed, looking up and locking eyes with you. You looked at the chair across from her, and she nodded. You walked over to her, slowly taking a seat.

"Hi," you quietly spoke, looking at Lauren. She closed her book, saving her place, then putting it on the corner of the table.

"Hi." Lauren muttered.

"How are you?" You asked in a whisper, since you guys are in a library.

"I'm..I'm not okay," Lauren admitted. "I've missed you."

"I've missed you too," you ran a hand through your hair. "So much."

"Then why'd you leave?" She asked, eyebrows furrowed.

"It wasn't my choice," you told her. "My Aunt is married to William. They wanted to move, it wasn't my fault, Lauren."

"I know," she sighed. "I know it's not your fault. It's just, there's no one else to blame. And - and I'm angry. At myself - you, at everyone."

You nodded, "I know how you feel."

Lauren licked her lips, looking away, then back at you.

"The girls," she started. "They've been setting me up on blind dates. And I've been trying to go out on dates. But those people? Those people aren't like you, Y/N. I miss you, so fucking much."

"I've been doing the same," you mumbled. "The dates never worked out. I always thought it was my fault. That I was the problem. That I messed it up. But the problem? The problem isn't me. The problem is that I'm trying to find you in other people, but there's no one like you, Lauren." You bit your lip, looking down at your hands.

Lauren stayed quiet, as did you. You both were processing the information you had just told each other. You missed each other, and you've both been trying to move on. But it's not working. You can't move on. Isn't that a sign? A sign that you two should be together?

"Lauren," you swallowed, looking at her. "I can't move on because I'm in love with you." Lauren's head snapped up once she heard that. Her eyes wide, she stared at you. You nodded, standing up. You knew you shouldn't have said that.

You walked out of the library, your breathing heavy. Once you exited the library, you kicked the wall, feeling frustrated with yourself. You rested your hand on the wall, along with your head.

Lauren rushed out of the library, seeing you. She walked over to you, grabbing your wrist and spinning you around, then pressing her lips onto yours. You noticed that the person kissing you was Lauren, and not some random stranger. You kissed her back, turning the two of you around and pressing her up against the wall.

Lauren's hands went around your neck, bringing you closer. You put your hands on her waist, loving the feeling of her lips. You both put all of your emotions into the kiss. Passion, happiness, anger, confusion, all of it. Lauren's hands went up to your hair, her fingers tangled in them.

She pulled away, and then whispered;

"I love you too."

You rested your forehead against hers, a gracious smile playing on your lips. You closed your eyes, both you and Lauren's breathing heavy.

---

yay!!!

-gracie.