on the other side of the country

LALA'S POV

I just woke up and I looked at my clock it was nine in the morning .I got up I washed up then I made me a smoothie.I put my sundress on.I drove to my Nana house.As soon as I approach the the porch the smell of Sweet apple pies hit my nose.I knocked on the door.My Nana opened the door.We walked to the kitchen.

Nana:hey baby
Me:hey nana how you doing?
Nana:good ,how you doing?
Me:I'm good only a month and a half of Cosmetology school.
Nana:that's good..Are you going to have a lil party.
Me:I don't know yet.

I sat down at the kitchen bar.

Nana:hows the little boy your dating?
Me:you mean the young man I'm dating .

I started smiling.

Nana:yes
Me:good he lives in Houston now.
Nana:why did he move?
Me:he's a party promoter thats where he mostly get his money from be so he moved there.
Nana:do you go see him?
Me:when ever I'm free with time but lately we both been working.

She walked to the stove and cut a piece of her famous Apple pie and placed it on the plate and put it right in front of me.I grabbed a piece with my fork.Soon as it hit my tongue I can taste all the flavor.

Me:grandma this is good.
Nana:thank you babygirl.

Me:nana did you need to go somewhere?
Nana:yes can you take me shopping at the resale place.
Me:of course Nana we can go to the mall to got get some clothes I have money.
Nana:alright let me get ready.

I called Nae

Nae:hey boo what you doing?
Me:nothing at Nana's house what you doing?
Nae:working ,what Nana doing?
Me:getting dress we're about to go shopping.
Nae:oh that sounds fun.

I heard a knock on the door.

Me:hold on somebody's at the door.

I walked to the door and I looked through the peephole.It was my childhood friend Brianna.She was my first actual friend when I was a little girl.We always spent the night at each other houses played hopscotch and Mr.Fox.But she moved to Philadelphia when I was 9 because her dad got a job there.And soon after 7th grade I went to school in the hills.After that we didn't talk like we use to because as we got older we were so different . I opened the door.

Bri:hey Lala.
Me:hey
Bri:I seen you were here I just stopped by to say hey.
Me:how long are you in town?
Bri:for a few days.
Me:maybe one day we can go to lunch.
Bri:that's cool umm..

My nana walked into the foyer.

Nana:Bri there's some apple pie in there if you want some.
Bri:no thank you Ms.Jackson . I just came to say hello to Lala,see y'all around.
Me:Bye Bri.

She walked out the house and across the street.

Nana:Bri is so sweet.
Me:yeah shes cool.
Nana:yall use to be bestfriends.
Me:that was where we were in elementary school.
Nana:ok Let me get my shoes on. Can you turn everything off in the kitchen.
Me:sure

I walked to the kitchen and I turned everything off.By that time she was finish with her shoes.I walked to the car.And I waited on her to get in the car . I drove to the mall . We walked into the store I walked with my grandma around the store she filled the shopping Cart up. Then we went into my favorite cookie place.I ordered some oatmeal cookies . Since my Nana finish her shopping we went back to the car and put everything in the car then I drove back to her house. And I helped her carry all her groceries and close to the house.

Nana:thank you babygirl.
Me:no problem Nana.
Nana:I don't remember telling you this but I'm so proud of you.
Me:thank you nana.

I looked at the clock it was three o'clock .