chapter 3

5/25/2015
1:35 AM

I woke up at 8 am all I smelt was bacon and pancakes.I got up and washed up.Marie was laying in the bed.I walked past her.

Marie:hey Lala I'm sorry about ditching you.

I Just ignored her and kept walking.I went to the kitchen grandma was making breakfast.

Me:good morning

She didn't say anything to me.I grabbed a plate and grabbed a pancake.

Grandma:no I'm making this for Marie and Eric.
Me:What the ..

Marie walked into the kitchen.

Marie:hey grandma how are you?
Grandma:good
Marie:where's my plate?
Grandma:In her hand.

Marie reached her hand towards the plate I was holding.I dropped it.

Me:oops

Marie started turning red.I walked to my room.

Later that day....

Everyone was sitting down at this long table outside.people were just talking then I seen this man at the backyard gate.

Grandma:my favorite nephew Charles come sit we were just about to eat.

He was a tall skinny man with blonde hair.fresh cut beard.all the seats were filled He walked towards me.

Charles:black girl get up.
Me:I'm sorry but black girl has a name.and if you came earlier you could of been on time.

I got up.

Me:this little time I was here in Alabama I didn't feel any love.My sister who I'm with all the time ditched me for her cousins who she act different around more of a badass.But what you really don't know is that she is a total good girl who wants to be so bad so she skips school sometimes and talks to this black boy from Compton .Then my dad ,you know it was my first time here.You left me here.You didn't even check up on me to see if I was ok.I see why mom never wanted me to meet your side of the family because their racist.My brother was the only one that stood up for me.
Dad:lets talk somewhere else.
Me:no ever since mom died you Changed for the worst when have you never stood up for something oh wait yeah for your daughter.Oh by the way everybody got a lick of black in them.

I walked to my room.I put everything in the suit case.I grabbed my emergency cash then I called a taxi.I pulled my suit case to the front of the house.

Eric:you reached your breaking point.
Me:yeah I'm going back to LA.
Eric:ok have some fun.
Me:thanks Eric for-
Eric:your my sister that's what I'm suppose to do

The taxi pulled up.we hugged.he put the suitcase in the trunk.then the driver drove to the airport.

Flight ✈....

I just landed in LA.It's 9 pm at night.my phone is dead.I'm on my home I catch a taxi to my house but It had to stopped because I only had 75 dollars.I got my suitcase and bags.I walked to this big house up this hill.and rung this door bell.

A boy my age opened the door.He was light Carmel he had curly hair his lips were so sexy.then he licked his lip.Which kind of made my body do a wave.

Me:H..hello
Boy:hey
Me:I just got off my plane I only had 75 dollar for a taxi and my phone died can I charge my phone and call my best friend to pick me up.
Boy:sure come in.

He gave me his house phone.I called Naomi she didn't answer.

Boy:what's your name?
Me:Malaysia everybody call me Lala
Boy:well my name is Jay.

Jay:I can drop you off if you don't mind.
Me:can you please.

I grabbed my suitcases and bags.I put them in the truck.And he started driving to my house.

Jay:how old are you?
Me:seventeen ,you?
Jay:eighteen
Me:you go to Watercreek high school?
Jay:no I go to Compton high school.
Me:oh I know some people that go there.
Jay:Is this the driveway?
Me:yes

I opened the door then I dropped my bag.Then I went to the car to get my suitcase but he grabbed it and brought it up to the foyer.

Me:thanks Jay
Jay:no problem

I gave him a hug.Then I went to the flower vase and I grabbed a fifty dollar bill and gave it to him.

Me:here's something.
Jay:lil ma I'm good my family is rich I don't need any cash.
Me:ok
Jay:Lala right?
Me:yeah
Jay:See ya later.
Me:bye

I closed the door.And just blushed.He was so fine.I put my phone on the charger then unpacked and ate some pancakes.Even though its like twelve in the morning I called my Nana.

Me:hey nana
Nana:hey sweetie how are you?
Me:okCan I come visit you tomorrow.
Nana:sure what's wrong?
Me:I just got back from Alabama from visiting dads side of the family.
Nana:oh my your mom told me that, that
Side was racist.Why would he take you there.
Me:I don't know but his parents were racist.dads mom was cooking pancakes and bacon and she didn't let me get any then Marie walked into she was like she was fixing your plate I just dropped the plate and left.later that day we were all at the diner table.and their cousin was late so her walked up to me a told me yo get up black.
Nana:did you just say what I think you said?
Me:I stood up and told him he should come to dinner early.Then I told Marie that she's just a want to be a bad girl that wants to date a black boy but she acts like the girl next door.Then I let my dad have it.
Nana:Where was he all this time?
Me:with his cousin he didn't text or call me to make sure I was ok.And I told him every since mom died he cant stand up for me because people will judge him.
Nana:wait till I see him.
Me:Eric was the only one that stood up for me and spent time with me.
Nana:did you thank him.
Me:of course.

Nana:I forgot The twins need to get their hair braided.
Me:ok ill be there at 9am.
Nana:ok
Me:ok nana love you
Nana:love you too sweetie get a good night rest.