Chapter 15- His Hidden Soft Spot

Start from the beginning

She was wearing a jean jacket with a long black shirt underneath with some black leggings.

"Estelle is it?" I hear her ask me suddenly, pulling me out of thought.

I look into her yellowish eyes, smiling warmly.
"Yes, nice to meet you, Silvia."

"Same goes to you. Ever since the Ceremony I've been wanting to meet you," she replies. "Looks like the time finally is here."

Lucky me.

"Well, I'll be in the kitchen," Rangel announces. "Where the food is actually good. Estelle's cooking is shit, L'il Red."

Gee, thanks Rangel for telling her that.

Silvia laughs,"I'm not either, I know the feeling!"

Her obnoxiousness was about to make me go crazy real quick.

Her and I both watch as Rangel strides from the room and into the kitchen.

"He's a real charm, huh?" Silvia sighs.

I give her a bewildering look, the both of us moving to sit on the couch.

"More like a real pain in my ass," I say, surprised to not see any drool on her chin from looking at Rangel.

Her eyes widen in shock.
"A pain?"

"In the ass," I finish.

"Yeah, I got that part," she tells me, her expression telling me she didn't like me either.

"So, what brings you here? I know Rangel wouldn't just bring you along with him to see me," she says flatly, her attitude now changed since Rangel left the room. "It's sort of suspicious when he hasn't talked to me in a while then suddenly you come with him to my door."

Could she get anymore nosey and rude?

"Well, I've seen Rangel show me pictures of you two, him saying how you two were good friends. He suggested I meet you after us talking," I truthfully tell her.

"Oh, makes sense. Him and I were really close. I still remember when he used to come over and he'd play Barbies with me-"

"Whoa, these cookies are amazing!" Rangel interrupts loudly, probably eavesdropping in on our conversation.

"You're welcome!" I hear Tasha scream back from her bedroom, hearing his loud voice from all the way upstairs.

I look over at Rangel who holds two more cookies in his hand, chocolate on his cheek.

"Well, I'll keep in touch with you, Silvia," Rangel says.

"Leaving so soon?"

"Yes, I'm afraid so. Estelle and I have somewhere to be," Rangel replies with a frown.

Silvia stands, walking over to him, whispering in his ear long enough for me to have time to stand and walk to the front door.

"See you two around!" She chirps as always, Rangel shoving me out the door quickly.

"What's your deal?" I question, watching him sigh in relief and throw the other cookies into a bush, wiping his cheek with his flannel's sleeve.