Chapter 27 The Heart of a Dragon!

Start from the beginning

As my mind failed to comprehend what my heart was feeling, he broke my confusion when he gently spoke those words to me.

"I'm sorry to let you suffer alone for so long Rias. But don't worry everything is going to be okay now." The boy said making my face redden and more tears leak out from my eyes.

My body was operating as if it had a mind of its own. My arms began to put themselves around him. Wanting to hold him as gently as he held me.

And as he held me, I felt such happiness but at the same time sadness that I couldn't remember such a gentle person's name.

Normal P.O.V.

Suddenly, Issei pushed Rias away from his arms and then tilted his head back as he cried out in pain.

Rias was shocked when she saw what appeared to be a dragon's claw piercing through the boy's chest. A puddle of blood was formed on the ground as it rapidly spilled from Issei's torso when the dragon extracted the one sharp nail that was impaling him from his abdomen.

"Ha-ha! Again that idiot let his guard down around a woman! What a fool!" Yu-Long said whilst he cackled.

Rias rushed to Issei's side with the sudden urge to see if he was okay despite her mind not knowing why.

Whilst Koneko and Gasper chased off Yu-long.

"Hey are you okay?" Rias asked in a panic.

"Thank goodness."

"Huh?"

"Thank goodness you're not hurt Rias." Issei said as he caressed her cheek with his hand.

"Why did you do that?! Why did you protect me when I tried to kill you!" Rias said crying as she stared at him.

Issei didn't say another word, smiling as his hand that was on her cheek suddenly fell to the floor.

"Hey?! Are you okay?! Hang in there!" Rias said when suddenly something caught her attention.

A photograph was sticking out of the brown haired boys' shirt pocket when the wind began to increase.

When Rias removed the photograph and examined it, her expression went from sadness to despair at the first sight of the picture.

It was a picture of her and Issei in the clubroom. Her arms were gently wrapped around the back of Issei's neck and she was kissing him on the cheek from behind the sofa whilst he sat there smiling.

All of a sudden, memories began to rush into Rias' mind and the pain was unbearable. The shadowed figure that transformed to Ryuu after he manipulated her mind further, now changed to the brown haired teen who lay on the ground in critical condition.

Memories with Issei's fight with Raiser when he crashed her engagement party began to pierce her brain. The pain increased with every memory that began to become clear. And then, she began to hear one name. That one name that she always called out with love and care for when she saw him. At this very moment, that one name was all that came to Rias' mind as the boy closed his eyes and began to show his life was in danger.

"Issei! Issei! I remember now! How could I forget such an important person to me?!" Rias screamed holding his head in her chest now.

"This is bad! His breathing is very faint I have to call Asia here immediately!" Rias said suddenly freezing in place when she saw that what is most precious to her be sent flying from her grasp.

"Good job holding him still Rias. Don't worry I will now rid this nuisance from your life." Ryuu said as he walked past her and towards the defenceless devil.