Caspar

"What about this one?" Joe says pointing through the glass at a gold wedding band.

"No Jojo that's too expensive we agreed cheap rings so we can afford to go away for a week on our honeymoon." I wrap my arm around Joes wai stand pull him so our sides are pressing up against each other.

"You are right." He sighs cuddling against my side and wrapping his arms around my shoulders, he stands on his tippy toes and kisses my cheek.

"Guys what about this one!" Zoe calls across the jewelry store. We rush over to where Zoe is standing and see the rings she is pointing at.

They are the definition of simple, but yet still perfect. The light reflects off the sliver perfectly. And I can already see wearing it for the rest of my life.

"It's..." Joe says

"Perfect." I finish interlocking my fingers with Joes.

"Oh come on don't be that couple." Zoe says rolling her eyes

"What?" Joe asks

"Don't finish each other's sentences." She's says.

We laugh and then go back to staring at the rings.

"Okay let's get them!" Joe says bouncing up and kissing my cheek

We get the rings and then the 3 of us go to get some lunch. We end up at this little Cafe eating Pizza. Well I eat pizza they eat salad or some boring non pizza food.

"Hey guys," Zoe says "can I ask you something? About the wedding."

"Of course Zo what's up?" I say.

"So Joe our Dad is gone, and Caspar your parents aren't really around. So our you guys going to skip the whole being given away thing or what?"

"Oh we haven't really talked about it." Joe says squeezing my hand.

I know it hurts Zoe that his Dad isn't coming to our wedding. I don't remember my parents and of course I want them at my wedding, but atleast I haven't got the memories Joe has. He remembers the good ones of playing catch, building train tracks, reading Harry Potter, he wants that guy at our wedding. I think sometimes he forgets that guy is also the guy that drunk, yelled, and hurt him.

"Okay, well it's date time. I am meeting Alf in a half hour. I will see you guys at joint family dinner." Then Zoe leaves

"Hey Casp," Joe says grinning at me "I think we have time for a quick trip our spot before dinner. You in?"

"Are you kidding" I say kissing him and jumping up.

I drive with one hand on the steering wheel one hand holding Joes. As he talks I bring his hand up to my lips and kiss it as he chatters away, about wedding things.

"So we still need to talk about  maids of honour and best men." Joe says

I groan there was a reason we had avoided this conversation.

"Okay I think the best solution is having Zoe and Theo be co maids of honour." He says.

See this seems like a good idea but there is a small problem