Caspar

I thought it would get better with time, that slowly with each new day the pain would lessen. But it was not like that at all. Joe is still the first thing I think about in the morning and the last thing I think about before I fall asleep. It hurts every time I think of that day in the rain. And as the days turn into weeks, I can't stop loving Joe.

"You ready Casp?" Troye says picking up his bag from the floor.

We were going on a class trip to a nearby big city. It was suppose to be fun, hanging with the whole grade, going to museums, and eating lots of food. But I wasn't excited. I will have to see Joe, all day everyday. I can't do that it will hurt too much.

"As ready as will ever be." I say

"Come on Casp it will be fun!" Troye say giving me a side hug. "It's been two weeks of you sitting around in sweatpants watching Netflixs and eating Pizza. It's time to have fun!"

Troye and I walk down the stairs and hug the whole Mellet gang. Troyes Mum puts her arm around us and walks us out.

"Okay be safe boys!" Ms.Mellet says giving us each one more hug.

"We will!" Troye and I say in chorus.

"I will keep them in line." Connor say rolling down the window of his car.

"You better!" Ms Mellet says "okay boys you better get going. Have fun!"

Connor drives us to school. And then we all hop on to a big yellow school and start the long drive. I am sitting next to Tyler who is talking my ear off about some story with some boy. As Ty talks loudly I look around the bus for Joe. I see him sitting 3 rows back with some blonde boy. He looks happy laughing at something this
boy is saying.

"Hey Ty." I say interrupting his story "do you know who Joe is talking to?"

"Oh you mean Joey! He is such a dream right Casp!" Tyler says.

"He is okay I guess." I say.

I look pass him to Joe. Joe and Joey how fucking adorable is that. Their ship name is Joey or Joe.

"Well he has a boyfriend, Daniel. They are adorable." Ty says

Thank god! I know I shouldn't be jealous we broke up, but it would kill me to see Joe with anyone else. I know, I know, it's selfish, but I can't help it I still love him.

"0h, I see, this is about Joe. "Said Tyler

"shh not too loud to he will hear you" I say.

"Come on, you need to get over him!" Tyler says

"it's hard to get over someone you're still in love with." I say quiet and sad.

I continue looking at Joe longingly. Wishing we were sitting together with my arm around his shoulder and his head cuddled into my neck. Suddenly he looks up at me and we have a moment of eye contact. He smiles at me but not his usual happy smile it's more of a sad smile.

Many long hours of driving and a couple of pitstops later we pull up outside the hotel were staying at. We enter the hotel an unorganized blob of students.

"OK!" Mr. Green yells over the students "Room assignment are posted here! You have 1 hour and then we are all meeting in the lobby! No drugs! No sex! No drinking! Okay everyone go."

Everyone rushes over to the wall with the room postings. I hang back not wanting to be trapped in the sea of people. Suddenly I hear someone call my name.

"Caspar roomie!" Connor says.

"Oh we're roommates! Greats!" I say. It would be nice to get to know Connor better. He is at Troyes house all the time but snuggling with Troye not talking to me.

Connor and I get up to a room and collapse on my bed. It's weird how tired you get when you're just traveling.

"Caspar!! I'm tired! And hungry! You want to get me a vending machine snack!" He says throwing 5 dollars at me.

"Get it yourself!" I say rolling over so my face is in the pillows.

"Come on Casp! You can have the change to buy whatever you want!" Connor says

"Pizza!" I say.

"I don't know if you can afford a whole pizza but sure." He says

"Done!"

The thought of pizza was enough to get me off the bed.

"Ok the vending machine is on the third floor." He says

I don't even bother putting on shoes I just walk out the door and to the elevator. I wait a minute then the door open and I see Joe standing there. For a moment a just stand there.

"You umm getting in?" Joe asks.

"Yeah Connor asked me to get snacks." I say walking into the elevator.

"Oh really Troye asked me to do the same." Joe says

"Do you ever feel like they have a secret plan." I say

"Yeah just the other day I was ta-" joes sentence is stopped when the elevator suddenly jerks and stops.

"Are we stuck?" Joe yells

"We are stuck!" I yell