Joe

The wind whistles through my ears as the four of us walk towards the bus stop. Even though my hands are freezing instead of putting them in my pocket I grab Caspars hand. He would keep me far warmer then then anything else.

"It's going to be okay Jojo." Caspar says squeezing my hand.

When I talk to my Mum she said Zoe had passed out. Best thing is it could have been a bad reaction the the chemo, worst thing the cancer is back. I can't believe I went out. I left my sister alone on Christmas. But I will do anything to get to the hospital.

Once we get to the bus stop, I start to shiver from the cold. I'm bundled in everything I brought plus some of Troyes clothing, but with the wind and the snow I'm still so cold I'm shaking. Caspar wraps his arms around me a pulls me close. I nestle my head in Caspars neck. We stand like this for a couple moments until the bus comes.

"Hello boys." The bus driver says as we climb on the empty bus "Why are you guys out tonight?"

"We need to go to the hospital." I say coldly not wanting to talk.

The four of us walked to the back of the bus where we all sit down. Caspar puts his arm around me and pulls me close. As the bus starts to move it jolts a lot. It shakes with every turn. The road to the hospital isn't an easy one even in good conditions, so the bus driver must be really stressed. Suddenly my phone starts to vibrate.

"Hello?" I say quickly grabbing my phone

"Joe." A voice says "something has happened."

"What? Who is this?" I say.

"Joe it's me Mum."I can tell from her quick breathing she's been crying. I squeeze Caspars hand for reassurance "something bad has happened to Zoe. Are you almost here?"

Caspar wipes the tears from cheeks. "It's okay." He whispers in my ear.

"Pretty close.." I say.

The next couple moments of my life went really fast then really slow. I feel the bus start to slowly tip. I look at the window on the other side of the bus and see the ground coming closer and closer to me. Suddenly I'm thrown to the other side of the bus. Caspars hand is pulled away from me. The bus is rolling down the hill, it must have skidded off the road. I hear my friends scream, but I can't make a sound. I am thrown around from one side to the other. I don't know which way is up and down anymore, everything is spinning. I get one final look at Caspar face, his very scared face. Before everything stops.

The next hour of my life is incredibly blurry. I remember Connor screaming. Then I think I passed out. I woke up to flashing lights as I am put on a stretcher and loaded in a ambulance. I remember saying "Caspar." Over and over again but no one says anything.

What have I done