Joe

I could feel Caspars eyes on me in English, burning a hole into the side of my head. I didn't know what to think about Caspar staring like this. There was something nice about him wanting to know I was ok. It's just I am not used to it. I like walls I put them up I protect myself from outside waves breaking them down.

It was different now I guess with out Zoe. I might have walls but she was inside, she kept me from going crazy. She's gone for 2 days and already I am having mental breakdowns in the hall... It's going to be a hard year.

Troye is in music class so it's just me and Caspar pretending to listen to the Mr. Green talk about MacBeth. Eventually the sweet freedom of the lunch bell rings and we start to pack our stuff. Caspar looks at me and smiles. god damn that smile. I smile back it's hard not to when it's his smile.....

I am interrupted from my day dreaming by a voice.

"Mr. Sugg if you could stay behind for one moment please." Mr. Green calls from the front of the room.

"Wow Joe it's only the second day and you're already in trouble" Caspar teases under his breath "I will wait in the hallway."

Once the room is empty I walk up to the front to talk to Mr. Green. I wonder what he could possible be mad about, I know I wasn't paying attention but nether was anyone else.

"Hey Joe," Mr. Green says smiling a sad smile " I am sure you don't want to talk about it, but Zoe was one of my favourite students."

He pauses as if waiting for me to response but I have nothing to say. If I talk about her one more time I feel like my insides will explode. So I just stare at the floor, I'm getting good at that.

"Well anyway could you take this to her." He asked and handed me a book. It wasn't a normal book with a cover and all. It looked almost like a script a whole bunch of pages tided together.

"What is this?" I asked.

"It's my book. It's getting published I promised Zoe she could read it before it came out. So I thought maybe you could take it to her." He said now he was the one not making eye contact.

"Of course Mr. Green." I say and then I turn to leave.

My heart has 5 seconds to relax until I remember I am suppose to tell Troye and Caspar what's going on with Zoe right now.

I walk out the door into the crowed hall. Look through all the people and see Caspar and Troye leaning against some lockers and chatting. I start to walk through the people towards them. Caspar looks up sees me and smiles. I am seconds away from them when suddenly I am being pushed away.

I feel two people grabbing me and pushing. They do it softly so I can assume it's not Connor and his gang.

"what the hell!" I say trying to push against them.

"It's what's best Joe."

"Jim! What! Why! I was suppose to talk to those 2 guys over there!"

"And you also have a black eye Joe!" I hear Louise's voice say.

I struggle a bit but eventually give up and let them push me through the halls. I don't want to fight with them and I am a little flattered they cared. Mad but flattered.

Suddenly we break through the doors and into the cold September air.

"Ok! Come on guys! You are going to make me look like a jerk!" I say angrily at Jim and Louise.

"Joe calm down!" Jim says putting his arm around me "Can we eat and talk?"

I want to say no and storm out but Louise holds up sandwiches and my stomach rumbling gave me away. So we went to a out door table and sat down to eat our lunch.