Caspar

Joe, Troye, Tyler,and Joes friends Jim and Tanya are sitting on the grass behind the school eating lunch.

I was so tired since Joe and I had stayed up till 2am talking on the phone. You think we would have ran out of things to talk about but no we just keeped talking.

I kissed him yesterday I still couldn't believe it. I had just wanted to apologize like Tyler told me to but then I looked in Joes eyes and well... How could I not. We didn't say anything after we went back to Starbucks to see the awkward scene we had left laughing like crazy over something Tyler had said.

As we sat outside the school we saw Connor, Alfie, and all their friends walking towards us. Troye looked for a moment like he was going to wave but then he saw Connors dark almost angry face.

Before you knew it Connor was standing right next to me.

"Get up." He said coldly.

"Connor don't do this!" Troye pleaded. But Connor ignored him.

So I did as I was told taking one long confused look at Joe before I did. I am taller then Connor but he has this way of making me seem small.

"So I hear you and Zoe's brother are dating? I can't hurt him but I can hurt you." Connor says.

I can feel his breath on my face and it wasn't romantic like with Joe it was scary. I didn't know what to say or think. Before I can think of anything at all I feel Troye slide in front of me so he is standing directly in front of Connor I take a step back.

"Connor don't do this." Troye whispers "You don't have to do this. Just stop."

I am in awe at how brave Troye is being. I could never be that brave.

"Move Troye." Connor says

"No."

"Troye"

"No"

Then suddenly Troye was pushed to the ground and Connor is once again right infront of me.

Connor raises his fist and punches me right in the face. I can feel where the punch landed and it seemed to be spreading from there.

"Wait he isn't my boyfriend" Joe says jumping up.

Even thou I know it's true that still hurts me more then the punch.

"I don't even like him!" Joe says.

That I didn't know. Wait I know what it is he is just trying to protect me.

Connor looks from Joe to me and back to Joe.

"Leave Connor!" Troye yells from the ground.

"Fine but I don't wanna hear about you guys dating anymore." Connor says.

Once Connor leaves Tyler rushes over to me.

"Gurl!!! I'm glad I came you seem to need a projector!" Tyler says examing my face. I roll my eyes at him. I wonder why Joe isn't taking care of me I want him to be there for me right now.

"I'm so sorry he did that Caspar I thought he would stop." Troye says.

I notice that Troye is basically crying.

The bell rings and everyone starts getting up and walking to the school. I notice Joe is hanging back so I wait with him. He doesn't look like himself he seems sad. I try to get him to look at me in the eye.

"Thanks for saying that." I say. "I know you where just trying to protect me"

"I do want to protect you Caspar. But I wasn't just saying that. I think we should just be friends." He says quietly not looking at me.

With that he slung his backpack over his shoulder. My eyes follow him as he walks towards the school.

Friends. Just friends.