Joe

I wake up on Zoe's warm bed. I rub my eyes sleepy and look around for my sister. I don't see her so I lay back in my bed and look at the ceiling.

What is going on. Last night when I went to bed I was love and I thought I was loved back. But then so much happened.

I think back to last night. I had been sitting in a tree okay I got stuck in a tree! But I had been watching them looking for me below. I didn't want to come down. Coming down meant it would all be real, and that was the last thing I wanted. So I sat there looking out over the beautiful view. I notice Caspar and Connor had sat down and started talking. I wonder what they are talking about? Me? Why he dumped me?

The curiosity is killing me. So I climb down the tree to hear what they are going to say. As I listening I hear Caspar explain what happened. Explained what he did. In a way it was nice to know, know why he broke my heart. But he cheated on me. It makes me sick to think about anyone else kissing my Caspar. I guess he might not be mine anymore. After he saw me he apologized over and over and said he loved me. I told him that I need time. Time to think it over.

Zoe walks out of her bathroom in a dressing gown and with her hair in one of those girl hair turban things. When she sees I am awake she smiles and says

"Good Morning Broesph!"

"Ugh!" I Groan as she throws jeans and a t-shirt on my face.  "Why?"

"Because you my Brother have school." She says sitting next to me on the bed. "How you doing?"

When I got home Zoe ran out the front door and jumped into a hug so I was holding her above the ground. She gave me a big speech about never running away like that. Once she say done lecturing me I told her everything about what Caspar said and I must have fallen asleep in her bed.

"Do you know what you are going to say to Caspar?" Zoe says.

"I don't know Zo!" I say rolling over and placing my head on her lap so she can stroke my hair. "What do you think?"

"You know I love to tell you what to do Joe. But I think you need to make this choice yourself. Do you love Caspar?"

"Yes I love Caspar. He makes me laugh, makes me think, makes me happy ever time I see his smile hear his laugh. I never thought I could love this hard and now I don't think I can stop."

"Okay so do you forgive him?" Zoe says

"Every time I close my eyes I think of him kissing this girl. So no." I say

"Well, I know you will make the right call Jojo."

"Not helpful!" I moan.

"Well I have some good advice. Take a shower?"
~~~~~~
"Okay you guys are adorable but we need to go to go learn things Alf." I say as I watch them hug.

"Okay okay.. Goodbye boys!" Zoe says as we walk out the front door. 

I'm into his car and drive to school. My heart starts beating fast as we approach the school, what am I meant to say to Caspar. I love you but I don't forgive you.

I walk through the door and look down the hall and see Caspar standing there like he always does. He smiles at me, it's not his most genuine smile, but it's Caspars smile so it melts me inside. He runs down the hall.

"Joe! Hey Joe!" Caspar calls "you want to talk?"

"Sure I have class soon." I say awkwardly looking down at my hands.

"It will just take a second." He gently touches my hand and I pull it away I know if I let his hand linger too long it will make me feel I can't feel right now. 

We walk outside and suddenly it's starts to drizzle. It sprinkles down lightly on us both.

"So did you think about it? About us?" Caspars blue eyes met mine and we hold eye contact. And for a moment we stand there in the rain just looking at each other.

"I love you Caspar Lee, but I just need time."

"Joe please." Caspar whispers stepping closer to me. He rests his forehead on my forehead and pulling me real close.

"I love you." I whisper

"I love you too." He says.

I look at his lips as he is about to kiss me and I think of his lips kissing some girl. Someone else. I jump back pulling my hand way.

"I can't Caspar! I am sorry. But you cheated on me and I can't." I say

Tears streaming down my face I turn and run back to school. I hear Caspar calling me but I don't look back I can't look back.