Joe

When I wake up it takes me a couple seconds to remember where I am. I can feel Caspars arm wrapped around me and the hard floor under my back. Right Troyes house. I smile at the feeling of Caspars arms around me but my growling stomach forces me to get up. I carefully spill out of Caspars hold making sure I don't wake him. I look over at Troyes bed and I notice that both him and Connor aren't there. I decide to go down stairs to find them.

Once I walk down the stairs I see Troyes mum in the kitchen.

"Morning!" She called. "Sleep well?"

"Yes very well thank you. Do you know where I could find Troye?" I ask.

"Yes," she says "Him and Connor are in the backyard."

"Thanks." I say and then walk towards the door  but before I leave Troyes mum calls to me.

"What do you think of him? Connor?" She says

"Oh I am not sure..." I say honestly "I think he is changing."

I wanted to be honest with her because she seemed really worried about Troye being friends with him.  

Flash Back

It's the last days of grade 8 and I couldn't be more glad. Not only does the end of school mean summer break it also means my last day of school without Zoe.

Jim was out sick today so I decided to go eat lunch behind the school by myself to avoid Connor and the other bullies. I walk around the corner but to my surprise there is someone sitting in my spot. I can't see the face of this boy since his head is hiding between his chest and his knees which where drawn close together. I could hear this boy crying.

"Are you umm ok?" I ask uncomfortably.

The boys head shots up and he looks directly at me. It takes me a second to recognize who it is for his faces looks different from normal. His eyes are blood shoot from crying and his face is softer then normal, sadder.

"Connor?" I say.

He jumps up and pushes past me shoving me a bit as he goes.
~~~~
I walk out the back door to see Troye and Connor standing by a tree on the other side of the garden.

"I don't know Connor, it's so complicated." I hear Troye say.

"Please Troye," Connor says walking closer to Troye and placing his hands in Troyes "what can I do to show you?"

"Apologize to Joe and Caspar for starters. And Con you have to act differently at school and stuff." Troye says.

They seem to be staring quite deeply into each other's eyes. I see Connor smile in a way Connor has never smiled before, it seems full of real and true joy.

I probably shouldn't be watching this so I slip through the door. I don't want Troye and Connor to know I ease dropped so I run past Troyes Mum and say don't tell them I was here. I don't want them to feel I am watching them. I go up the stairs and into Troyes room. Caspar is still laying on the floor but he's awake and on his phone.

"Don't tell them I left the room!" I say.

I lay down and cuddle next to Caspar just in time. The door swings open and Troye and Connor walk in the room.

"Morning guys?" Troye says.

"Morning," Caspar replies "where did you go?"

"Oh just getting some air, Connors a little hung over?" Troye says. Nudging Connor playfully.

"So guys I wanted to talk to you about something." Connor says.

"Sure." I say sitting up.

"So," Connor says taking a big breath clearly nervous "I wanted to apologize for everything. I hurt you both physically and emotionally. Joe I have been hurting you for many years and Caspar I feel so bad for hitting you and hitting everyone I hit. I can still feel your face on my hands. I can't deal with the guilt I feel every time I see you both."

Connor looks emotional. I feel like I am seeing a side of Connor he has been hiding. It's almost uncomfortable to see Connor like this, like I'm staring into his soul.

While I am sitting there feeling uncomfortable Caspar does what Caspar does best. He jumps up and wraps him in a big hug.

"It's okay Connor." Caspar says in a loud and cherry voice.

Once Connor and Caspar pull away from their hug Connor looks at me.

A million thoughts are running through my head. I think of Connor hitting Caspar. How he hurt the man I love. I spent years not being able to love the people I love. To be who I really am. But then I look up and I see Connor. He has tears rolling down his cheek. Now I understand that I can't understand him, not fully. What he did wasn't right but everyone deserve a second chance.

"It's okay." I say.

"Really?" Connor says.

"Yes, Connor people make mistakes. You just have to act differently and we will be okay." I say.

I get up and awkwardly hug him.

"I feel bad for umm breaking you guys up." Connor says

I look over at Caspar and grin. Caspar gives me a look that say can I tell him. I give him a little nod.

"Well. We didn't exactly break up." Caspar says slipping his hand into mine.

Connor lets out a huge sigh "oh thank god!" 

All of us just laugh.

"So..." I say wanting to know more about what I saw out side "why the sudden kindness?"

"Just following Troyes good example." Connor says smiling at Troye. "So Troye now  will you be my boyfriend?"

"Wait what?!" Caspar and I say at the same.

Troye smiles and blushes like crazy.

I think I like this new Connor.