L-Chapter 16: Even from yourself."

Jen Watson as Hayden Panettiere. I think she's perfect. 

"It's so great to meet you all!" The witch cheered. Apparently, we have a royal sorceress, Celeste Alder. "Lorenzo! Dear, call the others to get their bags and prep their rooms." Lorenzo nodded and snapped his fingers. In an instant about a dozen young men strutted out of no where dressed in penguin suits took our things away. 

"You majesties," an older man with dusted white hairs politely bowed to his knees to us. "I'm Lorenzo Bottanini the third. I'm your head servant, the castle manager, and I deal with everything you don't have to. I serve the royal family and only the royal family." 

I nodded once but couldn't close my mouth from catching flies. Logan cleared his throat, "pleasure to meet you both, I hope you don't mind if we have a room to ourselves to digest everything." 

Lorenzo had kept a straight face without a microexpression of anything. I couldn't tell if we were annoying him or amusing him. He was worse than Michael and Logan. 

"Of course, you majesty. This way." He lead the way down the hall. 

Huge doors as if it was a cathedral. The entrance had a high ceiling and a dangling chandelier, gold and brown colors decorated the floors and walls. It was extremely elegant. 

"I will be glad to give you the grand tour as soon as you are ready, dinner is always ready at 8 o'clock and breakfast the same time in the morning. If you want lunch alert the kitchen with any of the green buttons on the intercoms around the castle." Lorenzo instructed with his hands clasped behind his back and a faint British tone creeping up. 

"Here you are. Call me if needed." Lorenzo waited until Logan dismissed him. 

We all walked in to see a long hall with pillars emphasizing a circular oak table in the center. We all took a seat only the six of us. The boys and Rachel had gone with Celeste at some point to venture out into the castle. 

"This is insane." Parker said right off the bat. 

"Are we seriously thinking of living here?" Jen asked rubbing her growing belly. 

"It's the safest place to be, especially now with the boys, Rachel, and the babies to come."I said hoping that no one caught onto the fact I said 'babies'. 

"But we hardly know anyone here. How can we trust them?" Michael crossed his arms. 

"If they wanted to attack they would've the minute we entered. These are our people. I don't know if you've noticed but the people here are free and aren't scared of anything. They aren't looking over their shoulder for fear of exposure."  I said. 

"Nothing in this world is perfect." Mason grumbled. 

"This is a different world," Jen shrugged one shoulder. 

"But how different? Are we ready for this kind of exposure?" Michael said. 

"We've been begging for this kind of peace for centuries. I say we stay and enjoy it." I say leaning on the table. 

"Enjoy it? Madison, we were attacked by dozens of rogues, I don't think enjoying anything is a good idea." Parker pointed out. 

"Life isn't all about fighting in a war, it's about the peace afterwards. Enjoying the rebuilding period." I shook my hands for emphasis. 

Jen shook her head, "let's focus on now. Can we stay here and sleep without jerking awake every hour thinking someone around the corner might kill us?" 

"They won't kill us in our sleep. I trust these people." I watched as everyone's face expressed what they were thinking. 

Logan finally said something, "We'll stay. Madison will put a protective shield around the kids, Jen, and Parker. The rest of us can protect ourselves. We'll discuss again tomorrow." He stood up ending the conversation.