Chapter 56: Art is an Explosion

Start from the beginning

     Fighting for every word, I answered, "Yes, we need to go to the site now, it was Sasuke and Deidara fighting there, that much I know." I climbed onto Hokomaru since it's really hard to see where you're running when there are images dancing in front of your sight.

     Deidara sent a barrage of C1 explosives to test out Sasuke's abilities, who simply knocked them away with a flurry of chidori senbon.

     We continued to run, and my temples began to pulse with every one of Hokomaru's swift steps. The brain has no sensory neurons so why on earth are my visions so painful?

      Seeing that the C1 attacks were ineffective, Deidara summoned his large C2 dragon. He jumped on as it took to the air just out of reach of Sasuke's Chidori Sharp Spear Jutsu. The bulbous tail began to be sucked up from the end and then travel to the dragon's open mouth were the clay was spat out as different explosives. A see of land mines came from the dragon's mouth, and Tobi disappeared with them as he hid them under ground.

     We approached the large crater quickly. The other members of the squad were gathering there as well since everyone had seen the large, beacon-like explosion.

     Sakura saw the activated yin seal on my face, "Ana are you alright?" I would have answered if I could.

     In the second level of his cursed seal, Sasuke protected himself from a large explosion that came from the dragon's tail regurgitation, but he had to sacrifice one of his hand-wings to keep himself safe. Sasuke threw his sword in front of him and used it as a platform to avoid the landmines. He used the Chidori Sharp Spear to sever the dragon's wing and then pinned Deidara by each elbow to the dragon's back using large shuriken that were about three feet in diameter. The dragon exploded when it hit the ground, but Deidara was able to free himself in time.

     Kakashi's ninken spread out in the crater, looking for any scents that they could. Pakkun could smell Sasuke, but there was no sign of a corpse.

     A large Deidara began to grow behind the original, his C4 clone, Karura. It grew a hundred feet tall and then began to swell and inflate before exploding into a cloud of microscopic explosives that disintegrated every living thing that they touched. But, Sasuke can see chakra as color because of the high level of his sharingan so he was able to avoid the small bombs, much to Deidara's anger and disbelief.

     The search done, Kakashi told everyone to have a little patience and give my vision time to finish. Before we moved out we needed the information that it would give us. Naruto griped about needing to hurry up with the mission, but Sakura put him in a headlock, ending his whining.

     Sasuke landed behind Deidara on the clay bird that he was riding, demanding to know Itachi's location. The Uchiha stuck the chidori through the artist's chest, but it was a clay clone. While Sasuke was stuck, Deidara made a smaller C4 explosive that expanded around Sasuke, trapping him with the microscopic bombs. Filling himself with the chidori, Sasuke disarmed all of the explosives and appeared behind Deidara to land a devastating punch. He demanded to know Itachi's location again, but Deidara's pride as an artist required that Sasuke tell him how he survived the C4. Never one to pass up an opportunity to brag, Sasuke explained that while Deidara thought that he was in control of the fight, Sasuke was testing the weaknesses of the Akatsuki member's jutsu the entire time. It was an earth style, and earth is weak to lightning. Through his tests, the Uchiha came to the conclusion that he could deactivate any of the artist's explosives with his chidori.