Chapter 36

Newt's POV

"I cannot fucking believe this dude!" Thomas shouts. 

"Bloody hell, Tommy! Would you calm down a bit, yeah? I'm driving, you know. Wouldn't want to get in an accident." We drive away from the police station, where Thomas got kind of mad.

"How can you be so calm about this?"

I sigh. "I'm calm, because I know there is nothing we can do."

"The police sucks. Let me tell ya that. What the fuck does that Arronsson dude even think? 'Blah blah... We can't do anything now... blah blah... we just have to wait... blah blah blah. It's bullshit. Pure bullshit."

"I know it is, Tommy. But like I said. There's nothing we can do."

"Um, guys..." A voice from the back says.

"What the fuck do you want?" Thomas says angry to my friend Louis, who immediately came along to the police.

"Jeez, Thomas! Chill." I'll start to get angry with him if he doesn't shut up soon. "They'll figure it out soon. We have to just go along with it. He said he'll keep us updated."

"Oh, please," he says sarcastically, "tell me how updates benefit me. I can't have you be in danger anymore. These shuckfaces from the police should be solving this whole thing." 

He turns around and stares outside. I carefully put my hand on his leg and feel him relax slightly under my touch.

"I'll be okay, Tommy. We'll be okay. I promise you." Louis coughs awkwardly, unable to handle the dose of PDA in the small space of the car, to which Thomas answers with a roll of his eyes.

During the rest of the car ride, everyone stays quiet, and Louis immediately returns home when I drop him by his car.

"See you tomorrow, I guess." I nod, even though I don't look forward to it at all. Going back to WICKED will probably be one of the scariest things to do again. But I have to go, I can't show them that I know something.

"See you tomorrow."

...

I turn on the webcam and Minho's name crosses the screen, indicating that he is calling me. I answer and his face appears, a sad smile playing on his lips.

"Hey buddy," he says. "You alright, bro?" I shrug. 

"You know I'm not." I answer.

"Alby contacted me. Told me every single detail. That shucking blows, man."

"Yeah, it does. And I'm so powerless and that is incredibly frustrating. But there's nothing we can do." I sigh. It does suck.

"I wish I could be there to help you guys out." 

I sent my friend a small smile. "Nah, we're fine. We can handle it."

"About that: Thomas is still treating you right, huh? I don't have to come whoop his ass, right? Because I would cross half the planet if he hurt your feelings."

I laugh. "No, Min. He's still treating me right. Better than ever, actually. Like Augustus Waters would say: 'We're on a roller coaster that only goes up'. We're fine. Really"

"Good that."

I smile. "Good that."

Minho looks at his watch and says: "I've got to go now."

"Alright. Say hi to your wife."

"I will. Love you."

"Love you too, Min." 

His face disappears again and Thomas walks in the room, wearing only boxers and his hair is still wet from the shower he just took.

"It's been a long day, Newtie. You should put that laptop down and sleep." I do as I'm told and put the laptop down next to the bed. I crawl under the sheets and curl up against Thomas.

He turns off the lights and we lay in silence for a bit.

"You know," I suddenly speak up, "I wasn't lying earlier. We are really going to be okay. We are going to get through this." 

Thomas hums, and I take that as a sign that he is falling asleep. After a few minutes, it becomes clear that he really has fallen asleep and I say one last thing:

"We always will."

***

Hello

It's me...

Okay sorry that was terrible.

But guess who's back? It is I, in fact. And I started my vacation two days ago. So I might update more this week, to make up for all this time that I haven't updated.

On the other hand, I don't want to update, because I've got this problem. I know exactly what is going to happen, but now that I have gotten to this point, I can't procrastinate the big climax anymore. And the big climax also means the end. And if I start writing random chapters now (kind of like this one. I'm sorry for the awfully short chapter that was kind of filler, but not completely if you get the vibe I want to send) the story will only get boring and the plot will be lost in a lame storyline. 

But I really don't want to finish this story yet, because I really like writing it and I love the response I get. I really appreciate every single vote and comment that pops into my notifications, and I don't want that to go away just yet.

So I was thinking, if after this reaches an end (I'm not writing a sequel btw. I don't do sequels) and for some extraordinary reason I would be granted with another idea for a story (I wouldn't even know about what yet), would you guys read it, or nah?

Anyways, nothing is certain, but I do know that this story is almost over.

I'd say, have a great day or night, wherever you are and I'll hopefully be back later this week

:) x