Chapter 35

Louis' POV

"Newt!" What the fuck. I sprint towards my blonde friend who just fell to the floor. White papers scatter all over the floor. What could he have seen that's so shocking that he faints. I kneel next to the man and put his head on my lap. His eyes slowly flutter open and I take the chance to ask him:

"Newt. Are you alright? What happened?" His brown eyes look up at me confused, but a wave of terror fills them while a memory floods through his mind.

"No, no, no, no, no, no. Not happening. No, no, no." He repeats the small word like a mantra. It's like he wants to undo what happened. Like he wants to erase his own memory.

"Newt, please tell me what happened," I plead. Newt slowly gets up, but I make sure to be ready if he'd fall again. 

Newt looks around terrified. He moves around to pick up the papers he dropped, still not answering me. When he finds the sheet he's looking for, his eyes scan the paper. The same terror he had in his eyes earlier, is seen again. 

"No. This is not real. I'm dreaming. This is not true. No. NO FOR FUCKS SAKE NO!"

"Newt." No answer. "NEWT! Listen to me!" He looks at me, with an amount of pain on his face that I can hardly fathom. I put my hands on his shoulders - which must look quite weird since he's a lot taller than I am - and say: "This is not a dream. This is real. Now please talk to me."

"It's just one big conspiracy," he whispers. I almost can't hear it. Almost. Yet I do hear him, because a shiver runs down my spine. What conspiracy? What is this dude talking about.

"I need to tell you something," Newt says, louder this time, "but first, we have to get of this place. Come on." With his phone, he takes a picture of the pages of the file and of the room. Then I follow him out of the room, the hallway and eventually, the building.

"You've got to come to my place. I have a lot to explain." I don't question his words, and follow him. He gets in his car and I get in mine. We leave the parking lot and go to his apartment.

...

Newt's POV

"Tommy! I'm home." I say to my boyfriend who's chilling on the couch. Louis walks in behind me and Thomas gives him a questioning look.

"This is my friend and coworker Louis." Louis says hi and Thomas smiles.

"I've heard a lot about you, Louis."

Louis laughs. "I could say the same about you." The two boys smirk at me and I blush. Jeez. I turn to Thomas and say: "I found something out today, and it's not pretty." Thomas frowns.

"What is it?" So I tell him what I read. About the experiment. The sick experiment, of which Alby, and I, coincidentally became the subjects. I tell him every little detail about what happened today.

"What?!" Thomas shouts. He throws his hands in the air and starts to pace through the room. "How? This is not possible! Are you sure, Newt?" he asks angry.

"Of course I'm bloody sure, Tommy!" 

Thomas growls. One second it takes, in which so many movements happen. Thomas walks towards the wall and punches it. Louis jolts up, not knowing about Tommy's temper. I instead know what he can be like and just walk towards him.

"Tommy. Calm down. Please just be calm." Thomas slowly breaths in and out.

"I'm gonna kill all of them."

"No, Thomas. You are not going to kill all of them. You are not going to kill anyone, because I need you. And I can't be without you if you have to go to jail. So you are not going to murder someone."

When Thomas calms down again, he looks at Louis. "What was he doing here again?"

"We need to tell him everything. Everything that has happened. He has to know why I reacted why I did."

We all sit down again and I begin my story. Louis face shows different emotion. Shock, and anger, and hurt. Shuck this guy is emotional.

"Wow," he says after I finish. "I never knew of all this."

"I know that. I never told you," I tell him. "But I thought you had to know."

"Well, that explains your bruises and cuts and stuff. You could've told me then, you know. You can trust me."

"I know that, Louis, but I didn't want to bring you in any danger."

Louis smiles. But then his smile falters. "You need to tell this to that Arronsson guy. If it comes out what WICKED has been doing these past years, maybe many more mysteries will be solved. And you'll be closer to the end of this nightmare you guys are going through."

Thomas speaks up. "Louis is right. Arronsson needs those pictures. We're gonna take those slintheads down."

Yes, Tommy. That's exactly what we're going to do. Those shanks are going down.

***

Hi.

Here's a really really really short and somewhat meaningless chapter. But I felt bad, because I hadn't updated in nine days and it was taking so long. I'm sorry it's kinda crap, but I wanted to update because you guys are being so nice to me.

I don't know when I will be updating again, because I've been having a lot of work for school and I've been feeling a bit off lately. I don't feel like doing anything and I've been kind of sick (this has been this way for over a month and I'm kinda worried. hALP). Above that comes that I am nearing closer and closer to the big climax, which means it's also almost over. But I don't want it to end, because I won't have anything to write after that (I don't have an idea for another story, soooo...) and I like writing this. It is just hard for me to go in another direction now, because I have the 'big climax', like I mentioned earlier, already perfectly in my head, and I couldn't possibly go further after that, because then the story would suck. A lot.

So, that's about it. My author's note is almost longer than the chapter itself lol. But I really needed to get that out there. 

Anyway, I hope you enjoy it. Tell me what you think in the comments and I'll see you later, I guess. :)