Chapter 12

Newt's POV

I swear I'm not shitting you. Someone bloody giggled. And we heard it. The five of us look in the direction of the sound, but I don't see anything. Mr Ugly says to his men: "Shit. We need to go. Nobody can see us here." I look at Tommy with hopeful eyes. They're letting us go? WICKED! 

No, Newt. Not the time to make jokes. 

However, my own thoughts are interrupted when something catches my eye, and the others must have seen it too, because Boyd says: "Those freaking hormonal teenagers these days. Jesus Christ." I can see two kids, about sixteen years old, just around the corner, but it doesn't seem like they acknowledge us at all. They are too busy licking each other's faces off. 

The bald man says to Thomas: "You're lucky today. We're leaving. But don't ever try to do anything to me like that again, because I know where to find you." They walk away and leave me and Tommy behind, confused. When they are gone, I smile at Tommy and throw my arms around him. 

"We're safe", he breaths. "We are", I smile. I still hear moans and giggles, audible throughout the whole building. Thomas makes a weird face: "Eww. That's gross." I nod.

"True. Let's go. I'm not going to work anyway today, so that means we have a whole day ahead of us for doing fun stuff." Tommy grins. I grab his hand and pull him out of the abandoned warehouse that had been the location of a nightmare. 

In the car, Tommy turns on the radio. A familiar tune comes through the speakers, but I'm not sure what it's from. Thomas laughs: "Lol, this song! This was my jam four years ago!" He then looks at me and smiles widely, and eventually starts to sing.

"You're insecure. Don't know what for. You're turning heads when you walk through the do-o-oor."

"This is One Direction, right?" I ask. He nods and continues to yell the lyrics. He's too cute. Everything about him is just so perfect. His hair, his face, his muscles. He has those crinkles around his eyes whenever he laughs, and there is something in his eyes that lights up whenever he is having a good time. It's something so powerful, that I have to remind myself that I'm driving a car and if I don't watch the road now, I could just accidentally kill the both of us and who knows who else.

I laugh and he keeps singing: "You don't kno-o-ow, you don't know you're beautifu-u-ul. That's what makes Newt beautiful!"

Wait... what. Rewind. That's what makes Newt beautiful? What the bloody hell?

"What?" I ask shocked.

"What", he replies dryly.

"You know what", I say while raising my eyebrows. He grins sheepishly. "Hehe" is the only thing that comes out of his mouth. Then he raises his eyebrows back at me: "It's true though."

Oh my god. Thomas Greene just called me beautiful. He can't be serious, right?

Thomas then starts laughing really loud. I knew he was kidding. Thank goodness. When Tommy doesn't stop laughing, I stomp against his shoulder.

"Shut up, you shuckface." He looks at me and we both laugh. The rest of the ride goes with us joking around and singing the songs on the radio really loud.

Back at my place, I ask: "So. What do you want to do?" Tommy suggests: "Uh, maybe we could watch a movie on Netflix?" I try to pull the most confused face I can manage, hoping for him to see through my joke: "Huh? Don't you mean Newtflix?" He looks at me confused for a moment, but then he seems to get it and I laugh, as does he.

"Yeah, whatever you say, Newtie. Newtflix it is." Tommy goes to install the film while I walk to the kitchen to take the leftovers of his splendid cake from yesterday. The cake made in heaven by God himself. When I get back in the living room, Thomas is already sitting on the couch. He put on some sappy, cliché romantic comedy, but I don't really give a fuck. I don't care what we do, as long as I'm with him, I'm okay.

"C'mere." Thomas motions for me to come sit next to him as he hits play. I sit down next to him and put my long legs over his. He puts his arm around me, but I stop him, giving him a piece of cake first.

"No. Eat this first", I say. He smiles. "Thanks, Newt." We then watch the film. 

However, fifteen minutes down the way, I feel warm lips on the base of my neck. At first I try to ignore it and follow the story on the TV, but when Tommy starts to trail small kisses up to my cheek and back down, I can't help but get very distracted. He starts to suck softly on my skin and I slowly tilt my head to give him more access. Suddenly he sucks on a spot right below my cheekbone, and I can't help but moan. That feels too good.

"Found it", Thomas grins. He continues to work on that exact same spot, kissing and sucking and blowing on it. That's definitely going to leave a mark.

"Shuck, Tommy." He smiles and starts to make his way to my ear. I moan again when he nibbles at my earlobe. He whispers: "I love it when you say my name like that." I turn my head towards him, blocking him from what he had been doing earlier. Instead, I crash my lips on his. He kisses me back instantly. Our lips mold together and I feel like I'm on fire. I crawl on his lap while kissing him roughly.

My tongue explores his mouth and I hear him say in between kisses: "Oh my god, Newt. Fuck." It goes on for a while like that. Both of us moaning simultaneously, smiling through it all, even though our make out session is pretty heated. We were just starting to take things slow again, when we get interrupted by something. Or rather: someone. I look in the direction of the source of the noise. Tommy's phone lies on the coffee table, ringing, and he tells me to answer it and put it on speaker mode. So I look at it, mouth 'Teresa' to him, to which he nods, and hit the button to pick it up. 

"Tom! What the hell?! Where have you been, you dipshit?! You could've been dead!" the girl on the phone shouts.

"Yeah, but I'm not. I'm alive. And up above that, I'm doing great!" Tommy answers.

"Jeez, Tom. Brenda and I were worried sick about you. Where are you?" 

"I'm at Newt's place", he says.

"Oh, well. Then I'll leave you guys to whatever I interrupted." I can literally hear the smile in her voice. Tommy and I grin at each other. He says to Teresa: "Yeah. I'll text you later, okay?"

"Okay. Bye Thomas." And with that, she hangs up the phone. Tommy looks at me and says: "You know, Newt. You should totally meet these girls. I think they want to meet you too."

I smile. "I would love that." And then I kiss him again.