Chapter 15

Thomas' POV

I cannot believe it. I cannot believe he just drove away. What the fuck? I admit, maybe I shouldn't have done that. I left him alone on a party where he doesn't know anyone to smoke weed with my friends. I mean, I know he's a healthy guy and shit like that, but then again, it was sort of a one time thing. It's been a while since I did that with my friends. And it's been the first time I did it since I met Newt. I just can't help it, okay?

The worst thing is that he's in danger now. He shouldn't be driving around right now. He's fucking drunk, ya know. But I can't help him either. We came here with his car. Plus, I'm drunk af AND high, so that won't help either. But I need to get to him, so I'll have to walk.

I try to call him, but it's obvious that he's ignoring me big time. Of course he would. The stubborn shuckface. Holy shit, did I just say that?

I'm even starting to sound like him. 

Fuck, I need Newt. He's so cute. Cute cute cute. I want Newt to cuddle with me, every day.

I don't even know if I'm walking in the right direction, but I don't mind. I feel the drugs and alcohol working in my head. Pink clouds develop themselves in front of my eyes, and Newt is dancing in between them in a pink tutu. He hops from one cloud to another, singing: "Tommy, Tommy, Tommy, Tommy." 

Holy mother of God, I shouldn't smoke marijuana anymore.

I walk for hours and hours on end, until I finally arrive in front of a rather familiar building. I walk in and push a button that, I believe, says Newt Isaacs. At first he ignores me. He's probably sleeping or something. But I push the button again and again and again, until he finally opens the door.

A sleepy, sexy Newt stands in the doorway, seemingly sober. 

"What do you want, Thomas?" Thomas? Um, excuse you it's Tommy for you. 

I don't say that.

"I want to sleep with you", I smile. He shuts the door in my face. I shall not give up! I knock on it and he opens it up again.

"You know what, Thomas? You can't sleep with me. And I'm bringing you to your cousins."

"But they are stuuuupid", I whine, not caring how ridiculous I sound. I just want to be with my Newtie. Newt pulls me outside in the elevator by my wrist and into his car. The whole way to Bren and T's house, he doesn't say a word. I want to talk, but my tongue is feeling strange. Like it doesn't want to cooperate with my brain.

We arrive at my cousins' house and Newt rings at the doorbell. A sleepy Brenda opens the door and Newt says: "I can handle his drunk ass, but I won't handle his high ass. You can keep him." He pushes me over to Brenda, who looks at me annoyed. 

"Alright. Thanks for bringing him here, Newt. Goodnight." Newt replies with a short goodbye and leaves again, leaving me here with an angry Brenda.

"What the hell, Thomas! You said you wouldn't do that anymore! And you know how Newt feels about that kind of stuff! You literally ruined your only chance of getting your shit back together!" Her shouting match causes Teresa to come stand in the doorway, asking what the hell is going on.

I say to Brenda: "Jeez, Bren. Simmer down, would ya? I'm telling you, Newt's coming right back to me tomorrow." Brenda looks at me angry and Teresa still has no clue to what's happening. My angry cousin tells her the story and then Teresa copies her angry look.

"Dude, you ruined it." 

"Gee, thanks Teresa. That's exactly what I wanted to hear."

"Just go to bed." I grumble but do as I'm told. I crawl in bed and close my eyes. Fuck everyone.

...

Holy fucking shit. An excruciating pain shoots through my head the moment I open my eyes. What happened yesterday? And why isn't Newt with me? And how much did I have to drink, because holy balls this is one headache. 

I walk down the stairs to find Teresa sitting in the kitchen, but when she sees me, she rolls her eyes and leaves. Why did she do that? I want to ask her, but she's sort of annoying me right now, and I won't waste my energy running after her.

I grab some cereal and soon, Brenda walks in. She fills a bowl with cereal too and also leaves the room without saying a word. I stop her, though: "Brenda, what happened yesterday?" She turns around and says boldly: "Let me just say that you're a freaking idiot and Newt deserves better than you."

What? How can she say that? I thought my cousins were supposed to be there for me. Guess not. But what could I have done for Brenda to say such things? I need to know.

"Brenda. What did I do?" She looks at me again.

"You really don't know?" I slowly shake my head. "You took him to a party, where he didn't know a single person, and then you leave him alone to go smoke weed with your friends. Don't you remember that Newt investigates diseases? And do you know what you get from smoking?"

I slap my own face when reality hits me. Oh, god. I really fucked up.

"I've got to make it up to him." Brenda frowns. "I don't know Thomas. He was pretty angry yesterday." 

"Yeah, but you don't know why we went partying. The two of us are going to Korea in two weeks for his best friend's wedding." Brenda looks at me with a sympathetic look on her face.

"Well. Good luck, I'd say." She leaves me alone with my thoughts. I was so stupid. I shouldn't have done that. I really like Newt. He was my only chance to get my life back together, and I ruined it. At least, I hope I didn't, but I'm not sure. I can only try to make it up. 

I sent one text:

I'm sorry about what happened. I hope you can forgive me and I can make it up to you x

But after hours and hours waiting, I still don't get an answer.

***

This author's note is only to tell you how incredible I think it is that people are actually reading my story. AND VOTING FOR IT! I think it's wonderful that you take some minutes out of your day to read this and I am incredibly thankful for that.

You guys are absolutely fabulous