Chapter 25

Newt's POV

I look at Thomas. His eyes are red and puffy as he looks at his two cousins. His cheeks are hollow and his eyes have a dull type of brown-greyish. It's something I'm not used to at all, and I don't like it one bit. Those eyes are usually so full of life and full of light, but now they seem so bloody empty. It's like the life has been completely sucked out of his body.

It's obvious that he has been crying before I arrived here. He does so much to keep his feelings inside, to lock them away. He tightly holds on to the mask he created so carefully. But the thing is, sometimes it's better to let it all go. 

His dark past caused him to built walls so high, that not even the tallest person could reach the top. Over the time that I have known him, I've slowly achieved making a door in that wall, a tiny door, only for me. I've got the chance to go behind those walls, and that's what brought us together.

But now it seems like he's closing that door again, but I'm still locked outside, but my heart is still inside. And I know I have to make it back behind his safe walls, before the doors shut completely and my heart will be ripped out of my body.

Thomas is drowning in his sadness and anger, but I cannot let that happen. I have to pull him up before he drowns and takes my heart and soul with him.

Thomas Greene only ever cries when he's alone (or in this case the only conscious one) in a room. But all I want is for him to be able to let his feelings out when he's with me. That's what lovers do. And that is one thing I am bloody sure of: the thing we have is definitely love.

"Thomas," I say. He looks up at me, not having noticed my presence before. "Are you alright?"

He nods unconvincingly, but I huff, "No you bloody aren't alright, Tommy. I can see very well that you aren't fine, but you have to stop cropping your feelings up."

"But-" He tries to say, but I stop him. 

"No, Thomas. It's not okay. Don't you bloody see it?" He looks at me weirdly. Of course he doesn't see it. 

"Thomas, I need you to talk to me. You just have to let it go. You have to let it all out. I want you to be able to discuss your feelings with me!" I pant heavily after I stop talking. He looks at me with a frown.

"Why?"

"Because I care about you, that's why!" I almost shout. I quickly stop myself from doing so, because the girls are asleep and I wouldn't want any angry nurses to come here and throw me out.

"You're lying, Newt. Nobody ever cares. Nobody gives a single fuck about me. That's why they always end up betraying me, hurting me, and worst of all, hurting the ones I love," Thomas says while gritting his teeth.

"What the bloody klunk are you even talking about? I care about you so much, Tommy. I love you. I love you with all of my heart, and it kills me to see you like this, sad, locking yourself up. It's okay to be sad. It's okay to be angry, and it's okay to be broken, but at least get your feelings out there." I take a deep breath and finish by saying, "I will always be here for you, if only you wouldn't keep me waiting in front of your walls. Please, Tommy. Just let me in."

He looks at me, a single tear running down his face, and then another one. I take small steps towards him and he slowly stands up. He walks up to me and when we meet, I put my arms around him. He buries his head in my shoulder and finally lets the tears fall.

I run my hands over his back in an attempt to comfort him, to show him how much I care. My shirt is starting to get a wet stain because of his tears.

"I just hate Ethan and Edward so much," he sobs. "What they did to Teresa and Brenda was far worse than what I did to them."

"I know, Tommy. I know. But there's shucking nothing we can do to turn back time. We cannot live in the past, we have to live now. And now is the time to get back at them. We're gonna find those shanks. I promise that."

"Thanks, Newt," he quietly hums.

"You do not have to thank me, Tommy. I'm only doing what I am supposed to do as a good boyfriend."

"But still, thank you."

...

"Have you got any news yet?" Tommy asks on the phone while calling the sheriff. I can't hear the other man's answer, but I don't think he has, because Tommy's expression stays frustrated and dull. 

"Do you have any idea where they could be?" Again, Tommy looks no bloody happier when he hears the sheriff's answer.

"They are alright. They just need a lot of rest, but they will be fine." He must have asked him about the girls, I suppose. Who else would he be talking about?

"Of course I will call when I find out something," Thomas says, ending the conversation. He probably means if Ethan or Edward search contact with him. It could be very well possible, since Tommy is their actual target. His cousins were just their chance to hit him where it would hurt the most. Those girls are the only real family he still has left, and they almost took that from my Tommy too.

...

It's been a few days since it all happened. I open my eyes to find the bed empty. Tommy must have left to go to class already. I'm working later than usual today, so Thomas has to leave earlier than me.

The police are trying their hardest to find the slintheads who hurt my friends, but it's a dead end. I've been thinking about the whole thing non-stop. It scares me that people are able to do such horrible things to innocent people. What has the world become?

I slowly get dressed and get breakfast. Then, I walk to my mailbox and open it, only to find some advertising brochures. Nothing special. However, my eyes catch something in the back of the box. It's a small white paper, a sloppy handwriting covering it. My hart stops beating for a moment when I read it:

Newt Isaacs, you're next.

***

DUM DUM DUMMMMMMM cliffhanger

That first part was so emotional, but did you see what I did there heheh

I don't know if it is good, but I really wanted to write. I shouldn't be writing though, I should be studying, but oh well...

Either way, I probably won't be updating again for like two weeks because on Thursday, my exams start and I probably won't have time to write or clearly think about this then, and I still want it to be good, so be patient, cuz I'll be back.

I hope you still like the way this story is going. Please tell me what you think? Okay, bye :) x