Chapter 11

Newt's POV

Raging eyes bore into my scared ones. I sit helpless in the chair, hands and feet tied up. I can do nothing but let it all happen. Boyd steps closer and closer. The walk towards me seems endless. My heart beats faster than the seconds on the clock with every step he takes.

Close. Too close. And suddenly he's in front of me, and even though I know what is going to happen to me, I still feel anxious. And then it happens. His hand reaches up and connects with my face. I want to scream in pain, but no sounds come out. I do hear screaming, but it definitely isn't mine.

"Newt!" I recognise the voice. Tommy. I look up to find him somewhere in the back, held by two men, screaming my name. He cries when Boyd hits me again and again. However, I don't shed a single tear. I even start to lose my attention as my body becomes numb. I hardly realise when something is placed against my forehead. I look at Thomas one last time, who yells: "No! Newt!" and then a gunshot is heard, and I fall into a black abyss.

My eyes shoot open and I look around. It's my room. I'm safe. I look to the side to find Tommy sleeping peacefully next to me. Thank goodness.

That was one hell of a shuck dream. It makes me somewhat anxious for our meeting with the monster of my nightmare, but we have the money, so everything will be okay.

I turn my front towards Tommy again and pepper light kisses on his shoulders. I feel vibration in my lips when he moans softly. "Good morning, Tommy", I say wit a soft voice.

"Good morning to you too, Newt", he answers and I smile, even though he can't see that. He asks: "Did you sleep well?"

"Yeah", I lie. I didn't, in fact, but I'm not telling you that because I don't want you to worry about me. The last thing I need right now is Thomas worrying about my well being, because I can fend for my self, you know. I climb out of bed to make breakfast.

"Where are you going?" Tommy asks with his raspy morning voice. Oh shuck. That's so hot.

"What do ya bloody think? I'm making breakfast. We have a big day ahead of us." Thomas frowns. He must have realised what we're about to do. Honestly, who knows what'll happen when we get to Boyd, but he's in a bad mood and decides to kill us anyway. What if my dream wasn't just a dream? I really shouldn't think things like this.

Thomas follows me out of the room and into the kitchen, where I start to make some toast and pull out cornflakes for the other boy. We eat quietly, but it is not an uncomfortable silence. Nonetheless, the silence makes it easier for my thoughts to go in the wrong direction. All the possible scenarios float through my head, all the things that could go wrong today. Tommy is the first one to speak:

"I'm scared." I answer with a silent voice: "Me too." How could I not be scared. Hell, I'm terrified! That monster beat the both of us up, for God's sake. And now we have to go meet him. I can easily say I'm terrified.

"But I know we'll be okay", I add, even though I don't know that. Thomas looks at me doubtfully and goes right back to his food. I hear him mumble: "I hope so." Same, Tommy. Same.

...

"We have to leave", Thomas announces after checking his phone for the eleventh time in half an hour. I look him in the eyes and nod. I grab the bag with the money, which still feels very uncomfortable. It's a lot of money. I lock the door behind me as we walk to the elevator. No sounds are heard when the elevator slowly glides downwards. I feel my whole body trembling out of fear, but suddenly, I feel a hand take mine and squeeze it.

"We'll be okay", he says, and I only give him a halfhearted smile.

The ride is once again in silence, tension and nerves filling the car. Tommy sometimes puts a reassuring hand on my legs, but that doesn't stop them from shaking.

We soon arrive at the warehouse. Although it's the middle of the day, the streets are bloody deserted. We open the door of the building to find Boyd there with his to companions, already waiting for us.

"Do you have the money?" Boyd asks rather rudely. I slowly walk towards him with the bag. "That's 20 000. Now leave us alone." I try to put on the most severe voice I can manage, but the ugly man doesn't seem to be fazed by my tone. Instead he laughs. What the bloody shuck?

"You didn't think you would get away with it that easily, right? And you, Thomas Greene. I thought you would have put up more of a fight. But surprisingly..." I look at Thomas who seems awfully angry. Why would he have put up more of a fight? I'm snapped out of my thoughts when I see the two men behind our enemy coming closer. I discreetly walk back towards Tommy who still looks like he could kill someone.

"What are you going to do?" Thomas bitterly asks. The bald shank just grins. When the two others are only a few steps away, he says to them: "I'll just let you guys have some fun." The two shuckfaces laugh mischievously, and Boyd adds with a smile on his lips but venom in his eyes: "Just... don't kill them."

And in that moment, I swear, I klunked my pants.

Okay, that's maybe slightly exaggerated, but I cannot place it other than that I am very scared. I don't want to know what they are planning to do to us, but I guess we'll find out very soon. The men are right in front of us, and I know the first punch is soon to be given, but right before one of them can hit Tommy, all of us get distracted. Everyone for the same reason.

Someone giggled.