Chapter 6

Newt's POV

All day long is a blur. At work, I'm incredibly distracted. The only thing I can think about is Tommy. Beautiful, mysterious Tommy. The man with the brown hair, brown eyes and black leather jacket. The man on the motorcycle. I can see all these things on the outside, yet I hardly get a glimpse of what's on the inside. Every thought of him leads to more questions, but lacks answers. And every time I see him, I hope to learn just a little bit more about him.

I'm also planning to do that today, at four pm to be exactly, because that is the time he will come and pick me up to grab coffee. The thing I would like to call a date, but probably isn't a date to him.

I kind of want to dress up, make a good impression, but honestly, I don't know what to do. My impression on him is already set, and I definitely do not want to make a fool out of myself. Anyways, my bedroom ends up with clothes shattered all over the place, me searching for the perfect outfit for an event like this. I end up with normal blue jeans and a striped shirt that has been my favorite shirt since I was eighteen.

I look at myself in the mirror, approving of my outfit. Although, this whole sight would look so much better if Thomas were standing next to me. I can fully imagine it. Tommy standing right here, smiling that beautiful smile while looking at me in the reflection of the glass.

The sound of the doorbell ringing makes me snap out of my daydream. I quickly run to the door, finding Thomas in his signature jacket with black jeans and a white shirt. Oh shuck, he looks so good in white. Okay, shut up, Newt.

"Hey", he says.

"Hi, Tommy", I grin. He laughs and asks: "Are you ready?" I nod and take my jacket. He pulls me over to his motorcycle and gives me a helmet. I put it on and place my butt on the back of the vehicle. Thomas slides in front of me and I carefully wrap my arms around him. He flinches at first, but then relaxes. And then we move.

This trip is much more enjoyable than the last time I sat on a motorcycle. Last time was difficult and painful, but now, I only feel sensation and adrenaline coursing through my body. Plus that wonderful electricity because I'm incredibly close to the boy in front of me. We drive through the city and I couldn't feel more thrilled.

We arrive at a small coffee shop I've never been to before. The familiar smell of the hot drink falls over me like a wave when I open the door. Tommy and I sit down by a small table, a waitress already coming our way.

"What shall it be?" she asks Thomas.

"Just a regular coffee", Tommy says. I say: "The same for me." The girl looks at me for the first time. She hadn't taken her eyes off of Thomas since we came in here, and it seems like she only noticed me just now. She gives me an annoyed look and goes back to checking Tommy out. Literally. This chick. She's checking him out.

"Okay, it'll be here soon", she says while walking away. Although, not before giving Thomas a subtle wink. As if I didn't see that. Thomas looks at her as she returns to the counter. Oh no. This is not good. Bitch is taking my man.

But he isn't yours, my subconscious points out. Just shut up, you stupid shank.

After a while, the girl comes back with our drinks. When she walks away again, she motions for Tommy to 'call her', but when she's gone, he looks at me with an expression that says: uh, no way. Not in a million bloody years. I laugh at that. He's literally so cute. He might look all tough and rough, but when he makes faces like that, I can only see how cute he is.

I really need to stop.

"So, Tommy, now, tell me about yourself." He looks at me hesitantly. I know I've asked this before and he didn't answer me back then, but you can't blame a boy for trying.

"What do you want to know?" he asks me. Wait, is he really saying I can ask anything I want. Wow, there are so many things I want to know. Hell, I want to know everything. But I have to take it slow at first. Start with something easy.

"How old are you?" That was one of the first things I wanted to know. I can't really see in him how old he is.

"I just turned twenty-four a little while ago." Younger. He's younger than me. This intimidating person is over a year younger than me, and surprisingly, that doesn't bother me at all. It seems like it gives me more power, more rights to know stuff about him, how stupid that sounds.

"Oh", is all I can bring out.

I desperately want to ask who Teresa is, but then again, I don't want him to get mad at me or sound jealous. I think I should wait with that question. I need something more simple.

"What did you study?" That's another thing I'd love to know. He says: "I studied English literature. You might think I'm a total nerd or loser, but I swear, I'm not." He laughs and I laugh along with him.

"No, I don't think that. You still seem incredibly tough and badass to me." He answers: "Well. That's good. I'll never lose my toughness. Now I have another question for you: What kind of music do you listen?" I think about that for a second. I haven't actually listened to music in a long time. I used to love music, but I stopped listening to it when Alby disappeared.

Thomas looks at me. I suddenly realize I haven't answered his question yet. I just stayed silent for a whole minute.

"I don't really know," I say, "I haven't listened to music in a long time." He looks at me shocked.

"You haven't?" I shake my head. "Oh boy. I am going to teach you a little something about music. You are so uneducated, and I can't like a person who is uneducated in that beautiful art that is called music."

I stop listening at the word like. Like. He likes me. Like, like. But just as a friend, that shuck-faced subconsciousness adds. I mentally punch him in the face.

"We, my friend," Tommy motions to the two of us, "are gonna have a little lesson in music. Let's go to your place, because I can't really take you to mine at the moment." I tell myself not to question his place of living, and just nod. I'll worry about him not having a home later. Just having him with me is enough for now.

And I can only hope he just stays with me.