Chapter 34

Newt's POV

"Well, then I wish you all a good evening, ladies and gentlemen," Janson finishes his speech for the day. Some of us have already left and some are pretty much ready to go home for the night.

I have made it a point to find out more about this place. We have to know if Alby's dream made sense somehow.

And right now is the moment to figure some things out. When I told Louis, he said I was crazy, but of course he doesn't know all the details. He doesn't know about all the strange and awful things that have happened to me over the past months.

But he said he wanted to help me. "This job wouldn't be any fun if you got kicked out. I can't do this on my own anyway." That was kind of sweet, I guess

However, I decided to make a plan then. Every afternoon, Janson makes a tour around the office department of the building to wish everyone a good night. After that he returns back to his office to get his bag and lock the door.

If Lou and I can manage to sneak into his office before he gets back, we might have a chance to look around in it for a bit. And if we find nothing, we can still try to investigate the building a bit more, for everyone will be gone by that time.

I glance at Louis and he nods. "It's now or never." We quickly stand up, ignoring the curious looks on the faces of our colleagues. Janson just walks around the corner, and that's our cue to go the other way, to his office.

Louis pulls the handle of the white door, sighing happily that it isn't locked. I step inside and look around the familiar room. Who knows what we will find here.

"Oh, shit. He's coming!" Louis says panicked.

"Hide. HIDE!" I hiss as quietly as I can.

"Fuck. Where?" Louis asks. I pull him with me inside a closet with all kinds of lab stuff. Coats, glasses... Why does he even keep these here? They should be in the lab.

Louis giggles, but I put my hand on his mouth. I can't see anything in the dark, but it makes my other senses work even better. I can clearly hear the Rat Man rummaging through his stuff and getting ready to leave. After a minute or three, the lock of the door is being turned and his footsteps fade out when he  moves through the hallway.

"I think we're good to come out," I whisper. Louis giggles again.

"What in the name is so bloody funny, Louis?"

"Well. I just never thought I would be coming out of the closet with you," Louis laughs with his own joke.

"Oh shut up," I punch his arm and open the door of the closet. I start walking around the office in search of something interesting. Louis does the same, but soon enough he's sitting on the chair behind the desk, turning on Janson's computer.

"Louis, what the hell are you doing? He'll notice if his computer is being turned on. Plus, you don't have his password," I say. This can't be good, but Louis shrugs.

"Don't worry. I'm good with this kind of stuff. He won't have a clue, I promise. And his password will be hacked in three seconds." Curiosity does start to creep in and I stand behind my friend, who is busy typing a whole bunch of things and codes in the computer. Suddenly, the screen changes to what seems to be his desktop, causing a 'bingo' to slip out of Louis' mouth.

"Look! Security cameras," I point after looking through a million of files and programs. Louis clicks the button and we are granted with a ton of screens, live video's of the security camera's that hang around the building. 

Video's of hallways, laboratories and office rooms cross the screen, but nothing unfamiliar or suspicious. Our office room comes by and it's nearly empty, only Jeremy and Sarah are still there.