Chapter 28

Thomas' POV

"Goodbye class. And have a happy holiday!" The professor dismisses us and I walk outside alongside Luke and Jackson.

"I can't believe it's Christmas already," Jackson says. "The year has gone so fast. Unbelievable." Luke nods. 

"It's true," he answers, "A lot has happened these past months."

You have no idea, I think. But I don't say that out loud. It's none of their business.

Things have been rough lately. Newt is different. I am different. Our lives have been turned upside down ever since that night when Ethan and Edward attacked my cousins, and then later attacked us. They said they would be back. But they haven't been back yet.

Ever since that particular moment, the police have been looking for them, but it seems like they vanished. They disappeared from the planet and no one can find them.

Life from that moment one wasn't very pretty anymore. I live with the constant fear that something terrible is going to happen. I feel like someone could come and murder me at any second.

I feel horrible, but Newt is worse.

...

Newt's POV

I'm almost scared when I have to drive home in the dark alone. I look around every second, hoping no one is there. No one is going to attack me.

It has been this way ever since that particular night in November. Every night I wake up screaming, my head filled with nightmares. During the day I zone out, thinking about the horrible things that could happen at any moment. In the beginning, Louis asked me about it a lot, but when I always ignored him, he got the hint that I wouldn't answer him anyway.

Sometimes, I can feel the knife in my face again. Then I scream, trying to get it out, yet there is nothing to get out, because the weapon isn't even there. It's all in my imagination. 

Other times, I feel like I'm drowning. It has nothing to do with what happened, but I still feel like it. I'm drowning in a dark see, full of all my most haunted nightmares and memories.

Somehow, I want to forget all the things that happened, but on the other hand, I still want my revenge. I'm scared to death, but I do want those two shanks to pay for what they did.

The only problem is that they are trackless. It's been almost a month, and the police haven't found a trace of them.

It's almost Christmas. I wonder what it'll be like this year. Usually I'd go back to England, but I don't know if airplanes are a good idea now, with professional criminals on my heels. I still want to go though. I wonder if Thomas will want to come with me.

Thomas. 

If I had never met him, all this wouldn't have happened, but it did, and I don't regret it. If I had known what would happen and I had the chance to meet him again or not, I would have still gone to him that night. What happened means nothing to the love I feel for Thomas Greene. I would do everything again for him.

Although those panic attacks are not the most pleasurable things I've gone through.

...

I open the door to my apartment and Thomas is waiting for me.

"Hey babe," he  smiles at me. I sit down next to him and he puts his arm around me. I kiss his cheek and he smiles again. I love to see him like that. It makes me feel like we'll be okay again.

"I missed you today."

"I missed you too. But now we will be together all the time," I say, sighing happily. He has no school in the weeks around Christmas and New Year's Eve, and I got some free days too, to go to England. I decide to ask him about it now.

"Hey, Tommy?" He nods, so I go on: "Have you planned something already for Christmas?" He seems to think about that for a moment.

"I was hoping we could celebrate it together," he says after a while.

"You see, Tommy, I really want to spend Christmas with you, but every year I go home these days. Back to my family, to see my parents and my sister again. And I was wondering if you wanted to come along?"

"What?! You want me to go to Europe?" I smile.

"Of course. My mum is dying to meet you. I can arrange everything and I'll even pay your plane ticket. I just want you there with me."

"Newt. Are you sure?"

"Yes, Thomas. I am absolutely sure. I wouldn't want to go without you."

Then he smiles and says: "Okay then. I'll come with you."

I kiss him happily and he kisses me back. For a moment, I don't feel as horrible as in the past months. On moments like these, I feel like things could actually be okay again. Like I'm safe.

It's all an illusion, and it's all temporary, but I cherish these moments like my life depends on it.

The rest of the night is spend with my Tommy. I want to feel safe as long as I can.

***

Hi I'm back.

This was so short sorry, but I kind of wanted to write something. My exams are over and the holidays have pretty much started now, so I'll probably update a bit more than in the past weeks.

I also turned 16 this week. It's great :)

Also, it's almost Christmas and then after that it's pretty much 2016. Bless the end of the year. 2015 has been something, I'm tellin' ya.

Anyways, I hope you like it and I'll be back soon :) x