Chapter 24

Thomas' POV

"So... We meet again, Mr Greene." Sheriff Arronsson shakes my hand and I nod my head. He has arrested a few times, but always let me go again. Don't ask why.

"You wanted to talk to me, sheriff?" I ask him as innocent as possible. I am going to have to play this safely. I didn't do anything in this case, but who knows of what he will suspect me during this interview.

"I wanted that indeed. It's about your cousins. I suppose you heard of that, Mr. Greene?" I nod again. He continues: "Can you then please tell me something that will help me with the investigation?"

This time I shake my head no. "I'm sorry, but I don't know anything. I would never do something to hurt my girls." The sheriff looks deep in thoughts, but nods nonetheless. 

He opens a folder and takes a few sheets out of it. Then he shows a couple of pictures. "These are the things that are captured on the security cameras from the bakery down the street. These two men walked passed the store at the same time when the neighbors called us. Is there maybe a chance that you recognize one of these men?"

I take the pictures from him and look at them intently. "No-", I already start to say, but then a spark of recognition slides over me and something inside me changes. I do know who these people are.

"Are you sure you don't know them?" Arronsson asks once again.

"I do know them." He looks at me surprised. Should I tell him, though? Maybe he'll arrest me right after that if he knows what I did to these two. He seems to read my thoughts, because he says: "I won't do anything to you if you say something that happened in the past. Unless you killed someone, then you're going to court." Well then I might as well just tell him, if that helps me find those two shuckfaces.

"I didn't kill someone, sir. But I do know who these men are. They are called Ethan and Edward. Two brothers, who went to the same high school as me. They didn't like me very much. When I was sixteen, I stole some of their weed, and they weren't too happy with them. Being only fifteen then, they had some trouble with anger issues and they swore to me that they would have their revenge on me. I never took them seriously. I was too high to even care."

After my speech, the sheriff looks at me wide eyed. "So  you were sixteen and you stole weed from two fifteen year olds?" I nod. "Well then. That has already helped a lot. Do you know their last names?"

"I have no idea, sorry. But they are brothers, so it mustn't be too hard to find them, right?" 

"No, we'll figure that out soon. Now we already know their names and maybe even their motives. Now we just need to find them. Thank you for your help. We will keep you updated." He shakes my head again and motions that I can leave. Before I leave the office, he says to me: "And Thomas, stay out of trouble." I nod quickly and leave the room.

Well that was a short interrogation. But I'm glad it's over. Nevertheless, rage is already filling my veins. Those two douchebags Ethan and Edward hurt my cousins. And they are going to pay for it, that I can assure ya.

Newt's POV

Thomas walks out of the sheriff's office, anger showing in his eyes. I walk up to him and put my hand on his shoulder.

"How did it go?" I ask carefully.

"I'm going to murder those assholes. I'm going to slice their throats. I'm going to-"

I butt in: "Wow, slim it nice and calm there, Greenie. I wouldn't say that stuff at the police department. Wouldn't want ya to get bloody arrested again, Tommy." I now have my hands on both of his shoulders. Thomas is panting heavily, and a fire has ignited in his eyes. A fire of anger and aggression, and it's bloody scary.

"I'm going to fucking kill them!" Tommy shouts again, but I don't let him continue. I place a hand on his mouth and pull him outside the police station. He tries to resist my grip, but I'm pretty strong and taller than him, so I pull him out of the building before he can hurt someone or himself.

"Thomas. What do you know?" I ask, my voice low and steady. He looks up at me, the fire in his big brown eyes dying out a bit. 

"Ethan and Edward." My questioning look gives away my confusion. Those two names are a mystery to me. So he tells me a story about two guys from his high school. He stole their pot and they were going to have their revenge. So that's why they hurt the two sisters. They wanted their revenge on Thomas.

After he finishes his story, he starts to get very angry again, but I won't let him. I wrap my arms around him and hold him tight, trying to calm him down.

"The police will find those slintheads. They will get arrested and then nothing will ever happen two Teresa and Brenda again. And those are two fierce girls. If there's one thing I know for sure about those two, it's that they can fend for themselves, they stand up for themselves. They will get through this, and so will you. So will we."

Thomas looks in my eyes again. "Thanks, Newt." I slightly nod, but mentally I high five myself. That's exactly what he needed to hear, and I gave it to him. Go Newton.

My boyfriend wants to go back to the hospital, but I tell him visitor hours are over. So instead, I take him home and we spend the rest of the night talking a bit. He tells me the whole story behind Ethan and Edward and i listen intently. What Tommy did wasn't nice, but what those shanks did was a thousand times worse.

I've grown to like Tommy's cousins a lot. They're starting to be very good friends of mine, and for me too, it's a pang in the chest that they are in the hospital now. Poor girls. They didn't deserve any of this.

Gradually, my thoughts start to go in the direction of Tommy's: Those two men can't just get away with what they did. They need to be punished. And if that's what Tommy wants to do, I won't stop him.

Those two are going to bloody realise what them shanks did.

***

Hi

In less than a week, my exams start, so I probz won't be able to write then. 

In two weeks and two days, it's my birthdaaaay!!! I'm turning 16 wow ok (nobody cares lol)

In a little less than a month, it's Christmas, and then comes the New Year and then god bless the end of 2015. It's been long enough already.

Anyways, nobody cares about this stupid blabbing of mine. I hope you like this chapter. I'll try to be back soon :)