Chapter 18

Newt's POV

"Bye! Have fun!" Tommy and I wave goodbye to Brenda, who just drove the two of us to the airport. From there, we are going to take the airplane to Seoul, where Minho now lives with his very soon too be wife Hayoung. Tommy gives his cousin a last hug and then we take our bags and move our way towards the entrance of the huge airport, ready to leave America.

"Are you ready?" Tommy asks me.

"Are you?" I answer.

"No."

I smile: "Well, It's going to happen anyway. Come on." I take his hand and pull him inside. After hours and hours of waiting, paper work and stuff like that, we finally take our place on the for us reserved seats in the airplane. 

I've always liked planes, although I've only been in one three times, which isn't much apparently in the twentieth century. However, Thomas here doesn't seem as comfortable and happy as I am. He's trembling slightly and sweat is forming on his forehead.

"Tommy?" He looks at me distracted. "Are you alright?" He nods unconvincingly. 

"Yeah... yeah... I'm great." I laugh: "Thomas Greene. I can see right through these bloody lies you're trying to sell me." His eyes widen and I continue, more softly: "Are you afraid of flying?" Thomas looks at his knees.

"Maybe." I laugh. "That's so cute, Tommy." He grits his teeth: "It's not fucking cute, Newt. This is a serious issue. Who knows what can happen when your ten thousand feet in the sky."

"Thomas," I interrupt, "nothing is going to happen. You're fine. Just try to close your eyes and sleep for a while, we'll be okay." He then agrees with me and a few minutes later, I feel him put his head on my shoulder and his breathing deepens. The airplane lifts from the ground and I think he hardly felt it, because he doesn't budge from his place. Where is the badass I met that evening in the ally? He can't be the cutie sleeping peacefully on my shoulder. 

I wouldn't change this moment though.

***

"Ladies and gentlemen, we are landing in Seoul. Please fasten your seat belts and we wish you a nice day."

"I'm not ready, Newt", Tommy whines.

"Come on. We just flew half across the earth and nothing happened! You will be fine!" I almost shout. We spent half of the flight sleeping and then we watched a movie and did some other useless stuff and I can't wait to get out of this airplane. Minho will be waiting outside the airport to pick us up and bring us to his house.

Thomas just needs to stop shucking whining.

As soon as the airplane stops moving, I stand up and make my way to the exit. We quickly pick up our luggage and go to where my best friend should be waiting for us. We come in the big income hall and I see a lot of Asians. I look around for a moment, but honestly, it's impossible not to recognise the pushed up hair that is always on my best friend's head and the big smile plastered on his face. 

"Minho!"

"Newt!"

I drop my bag, not at all caring about it anymore and run to my best friend, who I haven't seen in about two months. I throw my arms around him and hug him tightly. He hugs me back and it feels amazing to have his familiar smell back in my senses.

"I've missed you so much, Min", I say, almost in a whisper. He answers quietly*: "I've missed you too, shuckface." I smile at the use of the word. It's nice having someone say that to me. It's nice having Minho back.

"Hi. I'm Thomas. Thomas Greene." Tommy awkwardly stretches his hand out to Minho, feeling sorry for interrupting our happy greetings. Minho looks at him, then grins at me. I roll my eyes, knowing exactly what he means with that look. Then he shakes Tommy's hand firmly and says: "I'm Minho. It's great to meet you. I've heard a lot about you. Newt here actually doesn't shut up about you whenever we text or call." I blush and he continues: "I'm glad the both of you came."

Now it's my time to grin at Min (that rhymed hehe): "Yeah, mate. You're getting married."

"I am", he excitedly answers. I can see the lights in his eyes. He's happy now. Therefore I am happy for him.

"Come on, I'm going to show you my house." He walks us to his car and I sit next to him in the passenger seat while Thomas takes place in the back. The whole trip we talk about things that happened to us in the past months, Tommy and Minho get to know each other. It seems that they really get along. It's nice to see my best friend and my boyfriend get along so well, maybe even developing a friendship themselves.

After about an hour, we arrive in a long street with a only a few middle sized houses, but all with enormous backyards. Behind the third house, two extremely large tents are already put up, so I guess that must be Minho's house. He parks indeed in front of that house and while we take our bags from the trunk, Hayoung comes out of the house.

"Newt!" she says happily. "It's been a long time, huh."

"Hayoung! Yes, indeed." I give her a friendly hug. She used to live not very far from us, with her aunt and uncle, but then she had always wanted to come back to Korea, back home. And then she took Minho with her. But I've learned to live with the fact that it is what it is, so that's okay.

"I'll bring our two guests to their room", Minho says. "You're sharing a room, right?"

"Yes, Minho." He laughs at my answers and doesn't leave the chance to wiggle his eyebrows at me. He leads us up the stairs and into a room. A beautifully decorated room with a queen sized bed in the middle.

"Drop your bags, and then I'm going to lead you around the house. And then you can come help us in the yard to make the tables and the decoration in the tents ready." We do as told and Minho leads us around the whole house, while talking non-stop about the wedding that will take place tomorrow. At the end of the tour, we've met Hayoung's family, her 3 little sisters who really liked Tommy and kept asking him questions, to which Tommy awkwardly replied. His closed self isn't used to so much questions.

We also learned that Min and his fiancé aren't going to spend their wedding night in the house but in the wooden cabin, far in the back of the yard between the trees. Apparently it's all a surprise for Hayoung. Minho renovated it completely for their wedding night and Hayoung hasn't seen it yet. Therefore we don't have to listen to their baby making tomorrow night. Yay.

In the evening we all eat together and after a few hours of being together happily, Minho says: "I think it's time to go to bed. We have a long day ahead of us." Everyone in the room agrees and Tommy and I end up in the guest bedroom, while my best friend takes in the room beside ours. I get in bed, already getting excited for tomorrow.

It's going to be a wonderful day, that's for sure.

***

Hi :)

first something with this: * when I wrote this part, I had to think about this thing in a fanfic that was absolutely genius. A joke so incredible and it would have fit here so well if it wasn't someone else's genius mind who thought about it. It was in this Dylmas fanfic 'Welcome to the media' and you had Dylan O'Brien (gay, duh Dylmas) and his best friend Tyler Posey (not gay), and they were at the airport and they were hugging and then it Tyler says: "No Homo" and I swear it would have fitted here so well but it was so great in that fanfic. You should read it. It's great.

Anyways, I hope you liked this a bit. Next chapter will be the wedding :)

I don't have anything useful to say so yeah...

bye 

I luv ya x