Chapter 14

Newt's POV

Dear friend,

with this message, you are invited to the wedding of Minho and Hayoung, which will take place on the 23th of October.

We hope you can make it.

Love, Minho & Hayoung

"TOMMY!" I shout. The sexy brown haired boy comes running down the hallway.

"Newt! What happened? What's wrong?" he asks panicked. I laugh. "Nothing's wrong. Look." I hand him the card that flew all the way from South Korea to America in my mailbox. He reads it and I say: "It's from Minho. He's getting married." Then I realise something: "I should call him!"

Thomas has another idea though: "I think you should Skype call him. He would love to see your face right now. You look incredibly cute and excited." I smile. That's actually a great idea. I turn on the computer and call Minho. Not much later, his face appears on the screen.

"Minho! Hey!" I wave to the camera and Minho's superstar smile and dashingly good looks light up the entire room.

"Newt! I missed you, bro."

"Aww, I missed you too, man. Anyways," I say, "I got your wedding invitation today." Minho's eyes light up and he answers: "You did? You're coming right? You have to be my best man!"

"Oh, don't worry. I'm definitely coming. I just have to book my flight and I'll be right there."

Then something crosses Minho's mind: "And you have to bring Thomas. I really want to meet your boyfriend." He grins at me and I shout to Thomas: "Tommy! Come over here, would ya? Someone wants to see ya." Tommy does as told and walks over to me. He sits down next to me and says to the computer: "Yo. I'm Thomas."

Minho answers dryly: "Yo. I'm Minho. Nice to meet ya, shank." Then they laugh and Minho says to me: "I like this dude, Newt." I smile. Me too, Min. Me too.

"Well, so that's settled then. You two are coming to my wedding and you can stay at my place for a while."

"Alright", I grin. Excitement is already taking over, and I honestly can't wait to see my best friend back. It's almost been a month since he left, and I do miss him terribly. At least I have Tommy now. We say goodbye to Minho and when the computer is shut down, Tommy turns to look at me and says: "You know, we should celebrate this."

"What do yo mean?"

"I mean, an old friend of mine is giving a party at his house. Maybe we should go and celebrate our upcoming trip to Korea with a little party." I think about that for a second. I've never been a big fan of parties. Sweating bodies, drunk people hanging all over you, vomit everywhere, way too loud music. It's all not really my thing.

"I swear it's gonna be fun! You can meet my friends!" He looks at me with hopeful eyes and I can't help but give in. I mean, who could ever deny those big brown puppy eyes? Not me, that's for sure.

...

This whole party is just how I imagined it to be. I stare out of the window to the big house, front yard full of people. Cups with what I expect to be beer are littered all over the ground. People are talking, dancing, vomiting or shoving their tongue in each other's mouth.

"You ready?" Thomas asks from the driver seat of my car. I nod hesitantly. In fact, I'm not, but it's just a party, right? What could ever go wrong?

I step out of the vehicle and Tommy comes to walk beside me. He leads me into the house, which is even worse than the front yard. The whole place smells like sweat and alcohol. I look around and unsurprisingly, I see no familiar faces. However, Thomas does seem to see some people he knows. A guy comes up to us and shakes Tommy's hand.

"Yo Thomas! Glad you could make it." Tommy laughs and says: "It's good to see you again, Zart."

"And who's your friend?" He now looks at me.

"This is Newt. Newt, meet Zart." I shake the guys hand and he says: "Come on, Newt. Thomas will introduce you to our other friends, while I get the two of you a drink." I want to tell him that that is not necessary, but Thomas is too fast pulling me away from him.

We get to a couch with a few people sitting in it, all seemingly very happy to see Thomas. They all greet him excitedly and he introduces me to them. "This is Winston, Ben, Gally and Aris." Then he points at one other guy: "And that's Siggy. But we all just call him Frypan." The guys say hi to me and Tommy puts his hand on my back. "Guys, this is Newt..." a pause, "... my boyfriend."

He looks at me and I blush. I literally get butterflies whenever he says that. It seems so unreal. For a moment I forget where we are and only see my Tommy, but I snap back to reality when that guy Zart gives me a red cup. I take a sip and find out that it is, indeed, beer. Alright, this isn't so bad after all.

The evening flies by and even though these people are very nice to me, they have priorities and end up all over the place. At some point, it's just Tommy and I sitting on the couch, his legs draped over mine. Alcohol is flooding through my veins and I want nothing more than to just kiss him non-stop. I feel something buzzing in my thigh, and Thomas picks his phone out of his pocket. He reads his texts and murmurs in my ear: "Wait here, Newtie. I just have to go do something. Don't move."

I want to stop him but my head is working very slowly, and before I know it, he's lost in the crowd. So I do as I'm told, I don't move. Minutes go by and I really want for him to come back, because I'm honestly bored out of my mind, but he stays gone.

"Hello handsome", I hear someone say. I look up to find a girl sitting next to me. But just a little bit too close.

"Hello female creature", I reply, causing a horrendous giggle to come out of her mouth. What was even funny about that?

"I'm Tracie. What's your name?" The girl with the annoying voice asks. "I'm Newt." She giggles again. She whispers: "You're cute, Newt." Bloody hell. Suddenly, she crawls on my lap and says in my ear: "Maybe we should have some fun?"

I shiver. Eww that's shucking disgusting. I push her off of me and run away. I need to find Tommy. I hear her shout something about her breaking up with me and hating me and something like 'after all we've been through together?'. What the hell even. I don't even know this chick. I look around the room, but sadly enough, I don't see any familiar faces. I find the kitchen, but no one of my 'friends' is there.

I walk up the stairs to find a hallway full of doors. The amount of doors is literally endless, but I have no other option than to open every door on the way if I want to find him. So I start.

Some rooms are empty, some are occupied, but not by Thomas. There are only a few doors left and by this time, I've seen things I never wanted to see in my life. I've been through stuff these last twenty minutes.

I open another door and a cloud of smoke falls over me and I can only recognise the smell of weed in it. Tommy won't be here, I think. However, I acknowledge the faces of Zart and Winston, and yes.

Thomas shucking Greene.

Winston looks at me and pushes against Thomas' arm, who turns around laughing at something one of those shanks said to him. He must have seen my angry expression because his face turns serious. "Newt..." But I turn around and run away.

Bloody hell, Greene. I thought he was better than that. Drugs. I can't believe he was smoking drugs. Does't he have any idea of how dangerous that is? Doesn't he know he is slowly killing himself? And I am thinking he's a good guy, the perfect boyfriend. He can get the fuck out. I'm leaving.

I run down the stairs and don't look around when I hear him shouting my name. I feel many eyes on me as I storm out of the house, pushing people out of my way.

I get in my car, not caring that I'm actually drunk and shouldn't be driving anyway, and leave Thomas behind. And there is no way I'm coming back for him.