Chapter 42- I love you

Start from the beginning

“You don’t mind if I join you both, do you?” She asked, looking between me and Oliver thinking she may have interrupted something.

“Of course not, darling.” Oliver said as he tapped her nose with his finger.

“We were just about to come back for you anyway. We were missing you too much,” I told her.

I shuffled my body a little closer to hers and wrapped my arm around her, pulling her into me so her head was now laid in my neck.

“You only left not even an hour ago. Is that all it takes for you two to miss me?” She laughed.

I looked up at Oliver and we both nodded.

After a couple of minutes of us all enjoying time as a family, just cuddling each other on the beach, Sammie untangled my arms from around her and hopped up onto her feet.

“I’m going in the sea,” She yelled as she ran towards the huge pool of blue.

I laughed at her wonky run across the sand, unable to stop herself from tripping a little on the uneven ground, “be careful!” I shouted over, making her turn around and give me an adorable look.

I lent back in Oliver’s arms as we both just watched Sammie mess around in the water, debating with herself whether is was warm enough for her to go in. She was just like me sometimes, because that’s exactly what I did before.

My boyfriend kissed my temple, causing me to turn my head around to face him and just stare him in the eyes, seeing my reflection stare right back at me through them .

“You make me happy,” He smiled.

I grinned, “I’m glad, because you make me happy too.”

Oliver ran his thumb over my cheek, stopping at the bottom of my chin and then lightly touching my bottom lip with it. I closed my eyes, enjoying the feel of his touch, like it was the last time I would feel it, even though I knew, just from a feeling in my heart, that there were going to be plenty more years of this. Of us, together.

I opened my eyes so they met his and parted my lips slightly. I firmly gulped and placed one hand softly on the side of his face.

“I think-” I stopped, gulping once more with how nervous I was before carrying on. “I think I love you.” I whispered.

Oliver’s serious facial expression turned into the most perfect smile.

“Actually no,” I corrected myself, seeing that smile on his face drop to a disappointed look. “I don’t think I love you,” He looked so hurt, but I knew he wouldn’t when I got to finish what I was saying. “I know that I love you.”

My heart melted when the grin re-appeared on his face. His finger trailed from the top of my head down to my chin, just sitting there for a little while as he stared directly into my eyes. I felt so much better now that I had said it. Maybe it was soon, but I was happy. I don’t actually remember the last time I was this happy with someone.

“I love you,” He whispered, making my now closed eyes reopen and stare in shock.

I knew I loved him, but my biggest fear was that he didn’t love me back.

“You do?” I asked, raising my eyebrows a little.

“I do.”

We sat comfortably for another couple of minutes, both just smiling at one another in one little bubble. Nothing could ruin this. Maybe this was God’s plan all along. He would tear us apart and see if we found our way back to each other, and we have.