It's A Long Story

Chris POV

"Jeez, this is the longest fuckest driveway I've ever been on," Kuza grunted, looking bored as we drove down it, only a few minutes away from the house. Neither of us could drive stick well, so I'd vetoed the coupe and grabbed a random car that had enough gas to get us to the house, if not back.

"Yeah, I know," I muttered, wishing more then one headlight worked as I leaned forward, having a hard time seeing the road for the fog.

We'd been driving for hours now, and I was getting tired, my eyes blurry.

I was missing my guys, too.

It felt weird going back without Kelsey, this was her home after all, not mine, or ours.

I hoped none of those dumbfucks had messed with her bedroom.

And that they agreed with the plan, though I don't see why they wouldn't.

"Here we are," I said in relief as we came around the trees, and the cabin rose up in all its glory in the moonlight, lights burning in the windows.

"Shit!" Kuza's eyes widened as he saw the beast of a vacation home. "Motherfuck, how did you find this place?"

"It's Kelseys, her family's," I sighed, parking the half-wrecked car in the driveway, seeing shadows moving in the windows as the guys realized someone was outside in the dark. "They all died here, so she's kind of touchy about it."

"They all died HERE?"

"Yeah, she offed them." I turned the car off, pretty sure it would never turn on again from the groaning sound it made. "But It's big enough for all of us, so come on."

I kicked the door open, and Kuza climbed out the window on his side, his feet hitting the gravel loudly.

I heard the front door open.

"Yo, dudes!" I called, grabbing my pack from the backseat.

I didn't need Balz shooting us on accident.

"Chris?"

"Yep."

"Chris!" I heard Ricky's excited voice, and I hurried over to where everyone was crowding in the doorway.

Ricky nearly shoved Balz out of the way to get on the porch, Devin and Kylie quickly following him.

"Dude, you're okay! It's been like two weeks! We were fucking worried!" Balz burst, and his eyes flicked to Kuza's form as he trotted over.

"Kuza?"
"Hey, bitches," Kuza grinned at them as he came up on the porch, the swinging door suddenly fixed; they must've been doing some housework while we'd been gone.

"Where's Kelsey?" Ricky asked immediately, frowning when he didn't see her. "What happened? Ryan?"

"Let's all go inside," I sighed. "It's a long story."

Two hours later...

"You fucking want to what?" Balz squawked in horror. "Are you fucking crazy? Those tunnels ---."

"Are the only shot we have," I told him, sitting on the coffee table, the rest of them on the couch or hovering behind it, Kuza by my side. "Kelsey can't climb, Ryan can barely walk --- we need them out of there before they become experiments. It's the best plan we could come up with."

"But it's suicide!" Kylie gasped at me. "You can't make it through them, Chris! All three of you will die!"

"Not if we can get some night vision, remember?"

"You make it sound so easy, but you know it's not going to be," Devin sighed, pressing his face into his hands. "We're all going to risk our lives for a plan that might not even succeed."