Come Back to Me

Balz would be dead if he didn't shut the fuck up.

I was going to take the couch pillow and smother him with it while he was still awake, and I think the expression on my face made that very clear when I came stomping downstairs, because he kind of ran away from me.

Try to have a freaking moment with someone and Balz had to run his bag ass mouth and ruin it.

"About time, you two," Ryan grumbled from the table, looking irritated and a little pale. "We've been waiting an hour."

I rolled my eyes.

I seriously doubted that.

I crossed my arms unhappily as I looked at all the packs gathered on the table, Chris included; I felt like we were sending them off to war or something and I really wasn't happy about it. They shouldn't be going off period, we were safe as long as we stayed in the house. It wasn't necessary for them to go scout out the "enemy" or whatever. Let those idiots come to us and then we could just shoot them when they got close enough without ever risking anybody's life.

"Is that everything?" Kuza asked as he stepped into the room, his hair still damp from a shower, and Ryan nodded; he had a beanie on obscuring his hair, and he kept talking about just cutting it off because it bothered him.

I hoped he didnt, I liked it long.

"It looks like it, yeah."

Kuza sighed, going to the coffee pot and pouring himself a cup of coffee before leaning against the counter, breathing in the bitter fumes, and a silence started to grow awkwardly in the kitchen, everyone frowning and looking down.

Ryan was sitting at the table, his chin propped in his hand, and Kylie and Devin stood together at the corner of the counters, his arm around her shoulders as she leaned her head against him. Ricky was sitting across form Ryan, enjoying what looked like to be the last of the frozen waffles, and Chris had yet to come downstairs.

This sucked so bad.

I didnt want any of them to go, immune or not.

It scared me, not that I would ever admit it.

And we had that girl here, and she could be dangerous, even though right now she was kind of comatose in the master bedroom. Kylie seemed to trust her, but she was also kind of an idiot who would probably trust a deader if she spent any time with it.

I glanced over as I felt someone squeeze my hand, and Chris gave me a comforting smile, despite the dark rings under his eyes; he didnt sleep well, if any, and I wished he would. Especially while we were somewhere that was relatively safe and you didnt have to worry about rolling over on a deader or something.

"So you two apparently made up last night," Ricky said around his mug of coffee after a few seconds, and I glanced over at him. His eyes twinkling as he looked at us. "And it sounded like all night."

I felt my face redden.

Oh god they'd heard us?

Chris grinned slightly, and it was all I could do not to pinch him; why did all guys always have to be so freaking proud of getting laid, anyway? Besides, I'd slept with him to try to convince him that he didn't have to leave, that's what I kept telling myself, anyway.

And it hadn't even worked....

I glanced at Kuza, seeing he even looked slightly amused.

Well.

"This place has super thin walls, yknow." Balz informed us when he saw how embarrassed I was; he just had to rub it in. "It's kind of hard not to overhear Kelsey when she's basically screaming 'oh god, Chris, right there, don't stop, oh ---!' " He
tried to mimic my voice, so I threw one of the plastic bowls at him. "OW! What the fuck, Kelsey?"