It's Just A Little Blood and Tissue

Well this wasn't working out like I'd planned.

I scowled, standing in the doorway with crossed arms. "No."

"Just a little blood and tissue," the doctor cooed at me. "That's all we need from you and you can have the rest of the day, I promise. Doc Martin requested it."

If I got pricked one more time in my arm I was going to punch someone.

Ryan was already passed out and it was barely eight, they'd been running way too many tests on him; they'd taken blood, tissue samples, scrubbed his teeth to see if his bite was infectious --- so many tests and he was absolutely exhausted; I was afraid when they were done doing all of that, they would stop feeding him to see how long he would last before turning completely.

And I couldn't let that happen.

Francesca had had to leave the hospital for some reason yesterday, something about a fire on the outskirts, so I was left on my own defending my friend from the preying doctors and their fucking needles.

And it wasn't like they listened to me; she and Kuza were the leaders of this place, and without them everything was going to absolute hell.

I don't think I could stand much more of this.

I had so many bandaids on my wrist and in the crease of my elbow I felt like a walking mummy.

"Fuck off!" I snarled, and slammed the door harder then I'd meant too.

I locked it, taking a few steps back and making my way back to where Ryan stirred, opening bloodshot eyes that were going to be like that permanently.

He looked like he'd just been smoking a joint.

"What's going on?" He mumbled, rolling to his side to face me after giving up on trying to force himself into a sitting position.

"Nothing, go back to sleep," I sighed, plopping down at the chair by the bed, aggravated.

I couldnt get any rest, I was so worried one of them would drain one of us dry while we slept, the fucking vampires.

I sighed, running my hands through my limp hair.

I needed a shower.

But I was too afraid to even do that.

I'd moved into Ryans room basically at this point, too paranoid to even sleep in my own anymore. It hadn't been so bad in the beginning, but then I'd been able to hear them moving around outside the door, whispering like they thought I couldn't hear them, and I'd gone an entire night without sleeping because it had scared me so bad.

So I wasn't sleeping by myself in the room anymore.

I heard a light knock on the door after a few minutes, and I glanced over.

"Miss Kelsey?"

Dr. Madison?

Was he their bargaining man?

I sighed, rising to my feet and unlocking the door, cracking it open slightly to make sure it was just him. When I was sure it was, I opened the door wider, allowing him inside.

He hobbled In, and I shut the door firmly behind him, locking it again.

"They're like vultures," I mumbled, and he chuckled, sitting down slowly and nodding his head.

"They just want to find a cure. This is an amazing opportunity."

"They've taken so many samples of our blood they must have an entire barrel of it now! They've plenty to work off of," I huffed, sitting down at the edge of Ryans bed.