A Very Grotesque Sprinkler

I looked in horror as Ryans teeth sunk into the doctors throat.

Fuck!

I couldn't move, I didn't know what to do, I just stood there uselessly as the doctors screams turned to gargles as Ryan ripped through his vocal cords, blood squirting out like a sprinkler.

A very grotesque sprinkler.

I needed to do something, I needed to stop him but... But I couldn't move.

Kuza was looking over his shoulder, his face completely disinterested, still rocking back and forth; I doubt he even knew what was happening right now, that Ryan was ripping through the man who'd murdered his bassist.

Fuck.

I took a step forward, but stopped, unsure.

What do I do?

Was Ryan --- I mean, did he go full deader all of a sudden?

What do I do?

I started to panic.

Fuck what was I supposed to do?

No one told you how to handle shit like this!

Fuck!

"Ryan!"

I jerked, my eyes shooting forward as I saw a group running towards us.

"No!" I shouted, abruptly sprinting forward and stopping the guys before they reached where Ryan was having lunch. I Nealy Fell Into Them I had Such A Hard Time Getting stopped.

"Chris!" Balz grabbed me as I staggered, and I clutched at him a minute, overwhelmed.

What was I supposed to do?

How do I handle this?

"What's happened?" Devin demanded, dropping his side of the cooler, his eyes flicking over the situation as I went to my knees.

"She... He..."

How could I tell them?

How could I explain?

I felt my arms tremble, and I realized I was shutting down, I was done.

I couldn't do anything else.

"Chris, man, snap out of it!" Ricky grabbed my shirt, shaking me slightly. "Where's Kelsey? What's going on --- Ryan?"

I raised my head, seeing Ryan slowly standing now, his back to all of us.

"Ryan?" Devin asked, and our friend slowly turned, blood all over the bottom of his face and neck, all over his clothes.

Ryan blinked a couple times. "Devin?"

Everyone looked horrified, their eyes flicking from him to where the doctors body twitched, blood still pumping out of his neck.

Ryan frowned, confused, then looked at himself before the doctor, realization flooding his face.

"Oh god!" he gasped, falling back against the car and slipping hard to the ground again. "Oh god!"

No one moved.

No one knew what to do either.

Well that was comforting.

I felt myself waver, my vision starting to go dark around the edges, and Rickys grip on me tightened.

"Chris, what's going on?" he demanded, jerking me up to my feet mercilessly.

"He... He was hungry," I said weakly, Devin rushing to my side to support me. "The doctor... He shot... He killed Francesca," I swallowed, seeing all their faces blanch. "He tried to .... To keep us all prisoners, Kelsey ---."

"Chris, sit down," Devin forced me to sit, Balz helping me to the ground.

"You've pulled your stitches out, it looks like," he muttered, "and you've got bit again on your shoulder, the fever is probably starting in."

Was that why I felt so sick?

"Kuza..."

I looked up, seeing Balz was staring at where Kuza rocked back and forth, lost.

"He won't answer," I mumbled. "He's gone too."

"Where's Kelsey, Chris?" Devin asked, his tone strained as he examined my back.

"In....SUV... Her head..." It was getting even darker now.

"Ricky, go check on her. Balz, load the shit up, okay? Chris, come on, get in the SUV," Devin grunted, slipping my arm over his shoulder as he forced me up, taking control. He helped me to the car, and I glanced at the back where Ricky leaned over Kelsey.

"Ryan," I started, "he needs ---."

"We got this, just relax," Devin told me soothingly, shutting the passenger door. "You've done enough, just get some rest."

I leaned my head back against the seat, feeling it throb.

I'd almost forgotten I'd been bit.

No wonder I felt so awful, the bite always made me so sick.

It didn't seem to affect Kelsey that way, though.

And Ryan --- he seemed to be normal again after feeding, so...

So....

......