Am I Getting Cockblocked Because of Ryan?

I sniffled, feeling the bruise welling up on the side of my face.
Francesca had come back, checked on us, then left right then to go find the guys --- she looked shocked when she realized how downhill shit was going the one day she had been gone.

We had to get out of here.

I traveled down the stairs to the cafeteria, knowing it was dark outside and most of the guards were just changing their rotations.

I was starving.

I wouldnt eat anything they gave me, but I wouldn't delve into my supplies either, not when we were going to be needing it soon. So I decided I would just go raid the cafeteria and see what I could find.

I glanced up at the flickering lights, hearing thunder in the distance, and then over, seeing people suddenly dashing through the front doors, two of the people here slamming them shut behind them as the deaders came crashing against the fragile glass.

The two figures huffed, and then I felt my eyes widen.

"Chris!"

He raised his head, letting his pack drop as I sprinted toward him. I literally leapt into his arms, curling mine around his neck. He grunted, as if in pain, but he kept his arms around me regardless, and I clenched my thighs around his waist, wanting to cry.

"Hey, it's okay," he wheezed slightly, stroking the back of my hair, holding me up like someone would do a little kid against his hip. "It's okay, sweetheart."

"I'm so glad you're back," I sniffled, trying hard not to cry, and I heard Kuza chuckle.

"You're little panda bear missed you," he teased, and I felt him pat my back.

I sniffled, and loosened my grip Chris could set me down. I rubbed hastily at my eyes, glad it was sort of dark so no one could see I'd actually cried a little.

He reached over to brush my hair out of my face, then suddenly stiffened, forcing my face up into the light so he could see.

"Who the FUCK hit you?"

I flinched, his voice echoing through the lobby, and Kuza turned to look at me immediately, his eyes widening.

"It's not important," I muttered, and hugged him again, burying my face against his chest. He hesitated, letting his arms rest around me, and I hesitated as I felt the bandages on his back through his shirt.

"What happened?" I asked, my voice muffled.

"It's not important," he muttered back at me, and I rolled my eyes.

Really.

"Come on," I pulled away from him. "Ryan ---."

"Kuza, you're back!" A voice suddenly exclaimed pleasantly, and I glanced back, stiffening automatically as I saw the doctor who'd literally knocked me out of the door when I'd been trying to get to Ryan.

"Yeah, what the fucks been going on?" Kuza snapped immediately, and the doctor hesitated a little bit, a woman in scrubs standing behind him with a tray of medical equipment.

"What do you mean?"

"What happened to her face?" Kuza pointed at me, and I frowned at him, Chris hand tightening on my shoulder.

"Uh, there was a minor altercation ---."

"Alter-fucking-cation?" Chris suddenly hissed, taking a step forward. "I'll fucking show you a altercation, you piece of shit!"

"Chris!" I clenched my fingers into his shirt as he stepped forward, panicked. This wasn't what we needed to be doing!
We needed to be chill, not create a scene!