<Parting Ways> Italy P. 4

Chapter 4: Loneliness and Despair

"Everyone had left. What was once the stunning academy, now looked like a husky shell of fire."

"How did they get here so quickly?!" cried Elizabeta as she looked in horror as the gun shots were echoing throughout the grounds and the burning torches were blocking out the now night sky. Everyone, excluding you, turned to each other and nodded. They knew what they had to do. Fight. Some days passed since then and now nobody was heard or seen in the academy. Everyone either hid in sheer terror or ran for their lives; most of them being shot down or kidnapped as hostages. It was little between you and the, at most, five other students remaining. Everyone had left. What was once the stunning academy, now looked like a husky shell of fire. You rarely left your room, and the only reason was to get a drink or hoard what little food was left that hadn't already been stolen or hidden away. It was hard sleeping at night knowing that just outside, so many innocent people were being slaughter left and right. What hurt most was- no, it's too early to assume.

You grabbed a small chocolate bar from your secret stash you hid under your bed and chewed on it lightly. Even common supplies like shampoo was scarce. Most of your morale had disappeared and you hadn't slept in days due to the constant sound of bombs waking you up from your sleep. Didn't really help that your mind was tainted and harmed you even at your most vulnerable. Disgusting. All you were wearing right now was a thin white negligee since during the time where some of the students were running away, you traded your clothes for resources to help you survive. Honestly, it seemed like common sense at the time but the winter breeze started to punish your weak, pale skin.

Walking out onto the balcony, your body naturally shivered as you slightly gazed at the cloud-filled sky. The lack of haze allowed the torches to blaze brighter than ever before. It made your heart race. "Everyone's out there... Fighting... I have to stay strong..." You rose your fist to your chest. "Rodrich, Arthur, Gilbert, Francis, Elizabeta, Feli... Everyone! Come back safe! We all believe in you!" you screamed at the top of your lungs and a single star shone through the deep grey above. "As long as one star still shines, there is hope. No matter how dim nor bright, it will guide you."

Feliciano's POV

It's been getting harder here... I had a dream last night. ___... She came to me. She helped me stay strong and for that, I'll try not to run away... For her, for everyone. Together, we'll win this battle and then... I looked down deeply at the small, purple box within my hands. Perhaps we can live happily ever after, ve~?

"Itary-kun, come quickry! An enemy was spotted going to the academy!" Japan poked his head through the tent; he had a clear sign of distress on his expression. Something was wrong. "V-Ve, okay, Japan!" I jumped to my feet like the happy-go-lucky person I am and quickly ran with him to the academy- is what we would have done if we hadn't been ambushed...

Normal POV

You decided to sneak downstairs to try to get some more secret stashes for your room just in case. All that was left in the fridge was a couple of cheap plastic water bottles. Obviously, it was better than nothing, so you took it anyways. "Hhm?" You could've sworn you heard a small bang or something. Must've been one of the other students going insane again... Constant screaming, smashing, banging, groaning, ugh. Every so often, you'd whack your hand against their wall, cuss a little and usually, they calmed down. For good.

As you went passed the same wooden door that begun your life here, you felt kind of nostalgic. In the period of just days or weeks, your life completely changed. What seemed like a simple scholarship would turn into a war full of pain and death. Sounds nearly impossible and daft when you think about it. The dorm was eerily silent. Beep. You paused in your tracks. Beep. Beep. Curious, you followed your way towards the source. Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. You opened a dusty window and saw a small black box causing the annoying noise. Beep. Beep. Beep "Oh, shit."